Govee integration

Basically these Addons are the same, some metadata and the folder they live in differs. I’ve switched to HACS because it was easier to provide updates, and get feedback on these early.

My comment was aimed at the HomeAssistant world more generally rather than yourself in particular - you clearly know your way around the available options and routes much better than I do !

1 Like

I got that, it’s just some month I started with Home Assistant.
HA, HASS, HACS, Home Assistant OS, Hassfest, …
All sound the same and mean completely different things.

Wanted to drop in and provide any additional missing devices from the control list! Sorry if any duplicates are listed.

model":"H6159","retrievable":true,"supportCmds":["turn","brightness","color","colorTem"]

model":"H6163","retrievable":true,"supportCmds":["turn","brightness","color","colorTem"],"

model":"H6142","retrievable":true,"supportCmds":["turn","brightness","color","colorTem"]

model":"H6054","retrievable":true,"supportCmds":["turn","brightness","color","colorTem"]

model":"H6195","retrievable":true,"supportCmds":["turn","brightness","color","colorTem"]

model":"H6052","retrievable":true,"supportCmds":["turn","brightness","color","colorTem"]

model":"H6003","retrievable":true,"supportCmds":["turn","brightness","color","colorTem"]

model":"H6199","retrievable":true,"supportCmds":["turn","brightness","color","colorTem"]
1 Like

Thanks a lot, I added them to the list in the first post.
There were two devices listed by Govee, which now we know working, and three new devices we didn’t have on the list.

They all are marked retrievable - do you get state from API for all of these? I’m asking because we had marked the H6195 for not supporting state results from API.
Do they all work fine?

Am I correct that their API doesn’t support selecting the built in scenes?
Is that the feature we can expect to exist in the future?

1 Like

The only thing I run into is weird internet connectivity issues. Almost as if some devices enter sleep mode until you open the govee app. Then they magically reestablish their internet connection. Otherwise, from my understanding they all work fine with the commands listed from the device call backs.

1 Like

Yes, correct. This isn’t in the API.

It is not planned. It’s also only possible using the inofficial bluetooth connectivity.

Havn’t seen a installation with that many devices, I can think of an issue and an resolution here.
We 're allowed to do a request every second (monitored over 100 seconds or so). If we hit that limit we must wait until we are allowed to query the API again. Issue here may be the pulling of state, which we must do for every device. So for 8 devices and 10 seconds pull interval (which is the default) you only have two requests left in that 10 seconds for controlling. If you turn them all on, thats 8 requests …

You may consider raising that pull interval to 20 or 30 for now, this should probably help. You could do that in the options.
Govee also promised an api endpoint to get all state at once for 2021, to reduce the traffic and help with that issue. I didn’t jet got an update on this, but I just contacted the API support team for an update.

I tested the H6188. Added fine but the entity cycles through ON, OFF and Unavailable while the strip is either ON or OFF.

1 Like

Please describe that in a bit more detail … what are your actions, what do you expect and what really happens?

I added the HACS integration, added the Govee LED integration in HA. The light shows up as entity fine.
I created a button with the entity, and it cycles through the states ON, OFF and unavailable on its own.
The strip remains On or Off but it is like the integration loses its connectivity in HA and cycles through.

I expect it to not cycle through and have the state ON or OFF when i press the button.

1 Like

Thanks for describing it, wonder what causes this.
Could you provide debug logs? It’s described in the first post how to do that.

I actually have even more than what’s listed. I’m an ambassador/ tester for Govee and they send me boatload of products to sample. I removed the duplicates it’s probably closer to 12-14 devices. (Don’t judge my led life lol)

1 Like

You know where I can modify the rate limit on the back end in the file explorer? Trying to avoid reloading the integration entirely.

1 Like

Coffee Purchased my friend. Thanks for the hard work!

Coffee

1 Like

@LaggAt I’m seeing a similar issue. I have about 8 strips, but I can’t find the exact location where to change the polling frequency. @Nickd70s I’d like to call myself an ambassador for Govee, but I just have lots of their LEDs in my house :smiley:

1 Like

@Nickd70s it looks like the variable is set in config_flow.py on line 60 and then it’s used in light.py as CONF_DELAY on line 40. Problem of course is if this is overriden in the config, the next update it will overwrite it back to the default(s).

1 Like

Idk if it was the right place but I changed it core.config_entries

1 Like

Not sure what happened there, but i was working on other stuff and restarted HA a couple of times.

Light works fine now, so H6188 confirmed working.

1 Like