Govee integration

Yes, after a restart of the Docker container. A restart from within HA does not work.

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m wondering if there will be support for the H6199 and if itā€™s in the API. I have been able to add it in home assistant. It turns on and off and that is basically it.

1 Like

In the first post I added all devices we know of, as we also have a list of untested devices there and I cannot find that device I think youā€™re out of luck.

Hi there, Iā€™m pretty new to all of this and have set up my lights via HACS and it is all working great! I know how to adjust the brightness and toggle it on/off but unsure of how to get them to change colour with code in the configuration file? eg I know for philips hue it is rgb_color: 144,116,64 is it the same for these lights? or something like this:

action:
    service: light.turn_on
    data:
      entity_id: led_bedroom
      rgb_color: [0,0,255]

Sorry if it is a dumb question, just canā€™t seem to pin point where it says in the documentation.
Any help/advice is much appreciated!

1 Like

Sorry for not understanding, is this local or cloud?

2 Likes

Honestly, not sure, but I think local. But here is my setup:
Pi 4 running home assistant, connected via ethernet.
I am accessing Hass on my computer via IP address of my Pi as I do not have a separate monitor.
Installed Govee lights, connected wirelessly to the internet then installed this integration with HACS.
Hope this helps, if not, could you expand on what you mean my local vs cloud?
Again, Thanks for any help!

1 Like

Thank you. Local meaning if the internet totally went out, would they still work? Or is it cloud dependent

2 Likes

If the internet went out, nothing would work.

1 Like

I can report that the H5081 smart plug works.
It seems to support state, since when I turn one on or off in the Govee app, the change is reflected in HA.
Thanks for developing this!

1 Like

Hi, this is using the Govee cloud API. So, nothing works without internet connection at that point.

So could you help me to know how to tell it to change color in an automation? The only options I get in the UI are on/off/toggle and brightness. Looking at how to do it in YAML? What is the format for it?

1 Like

I saw your post, and 'll come back to you once I tried it.

Great, thank you!!

1 Like

Thank you! I added the device to the first post.

Hm ā€¦ for me that works:

I also tried to set two properties at once, which fails for two reasons:
First I didnā€™t expect that, and just did ā€˜else ifā€™ in code, so ignoring the second param,
second it seems after fixing this govee still doesnā€™t allow two settings without pausing in between.
Iā€™ll look into that asap, for now it should be possible with a short sleep between the two commands.

light.turn_on with params:

entity_id: light.hallway_xxxxx
rgb_color: [255,0,255]
brightness: 255

So there is a new release supporting this:

Buy Me A Coffee

1 Like

Brilliant, thank you so much! I found my issue was that I could not set color in the automations, it just wouldnā€™t accept color_name or rgb_color and it kept saying
None for dictionary value @ data['rgb_color']
or
Message malformed: extra keys not allowed @ data['rgb_color']
so instead I created a separate scene for each color change which it let me do, then I stitched it all together along with playing music.
Thank you for all your help, my end goal is to get my automation to run when my ENER-J motion sensor is triggered (I know it is a part of smart life/tuya and Iā€™ve seen the thread where someone found a solution but it isnā€™t working for me), but Iā€™m still figuring that out - if any one has any experience with this please let me know!
Cheers

1 Like

Has the HACS Repo format changed recently ?

Iā€™ve just tried to add the custom repo, only to get an ā€˜invalid repoā€™ error:

Iā€™m running 2020.12.17, on HassOS 5.8.
Any ideas why this is not working ?

1 Like

Hi, you probably try to use the Supervisor to install the Repo, but the Repo is supported by HACS, which means you will need https://hacs.xyz/ installed and add it there.

Thanks for clarifying that. I have only been using Home Assistant for a couple of months, but have never seen any reference to that site before. I had believed that references to HACS were meaning the Home Assistant Community add-ons in the Add-On Store. That seems to not be correct - in which case I think the terminology needs a revamp as this is (another) area that is really not obvious to newbies.

1 Like