Govee integration

How would I add multiple API keys? I have a Govee account for my lights and then I want my brother to have his own account to control his lights. They are all on the same WiFi network so how would I go around doing this?

1 Like

Thanks @LaggAt I have reported this bug to Govee.

1 Like

Hi @LaggAt see response below received from Govee

"am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

ā€œonlineā€ is implemented through the cache;sometimes it might return wrong state.

We suggest that the third-party developers to ensure that even if online returns ā€œfalseā€, the users are allowed to send control commands. So even the cache is wrong, users can still control the device.

We will also update the firmaware to improve it in the future, but it would take around 1 month.

Can you please wait for the firmware update to improve it?"

So seems like your workaround is the way to go till a new firmware is rolled out in a month.

Hi, currently this isnā€™t supported. I recommend using one account - they should be available in one Home Assistant installation anyhow. Also API limits apply by IP address.

Yes, I already got that answer on other requests, think this will not work out.
A 3rd party library has no chance to figure out the state then by looking at the API. If something else is turning the lights (hardware button, Govee Home) our state will be wrong. So I need to trust the API.

Hmmā€¦so unlikely that Govee will be updating their api then.

1 Like

I think there was some change causing this issues, API was always correct a month ago.

If we can describe issues why the state is wrong and go beyond that first blocking mail we will have success. It was always good to work with them, sometimes it took 2 or 3 mails.

They have said that their new api document will be released next week. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Uh, exciting :slight_smile:

Hey @LaggAt
After two days that I thought the problem solved the bug came back.

What exactly you want me to write to govee support team?

1 Like

So Iā€™ve been informed, the new API document is ready, I requested it.

Hi, is this with the workaround? Think Iā€™ll wait for the new API document to see what theyā€™ve changed.

Yes @LaggAt
Theses are the settings I use.

Hi @LaggAt I received the new API document and API key. I am now running the integration without the workaround. Will keep you posted of any dropouts.

1 Like

The new API document is just about some supported devices, but they told me there is more to expect in future.

News? Yes please! BIG news! :smiley: :star_struck: :v:

First:

we are DEFAULT Hacs Repository. No need to add a custom ready anymore.

Second:

I did some work in splitting the state logic from the API handling.
This makes it possible to add a second variant, to be exact BLE.
No, itā€™s very early, we do not have BLE now. But it will be there in future.

You know, I never promised something here, because I didnā€™t know I find the time for that rework. Well, I did and expect on/off working on BLE only very soon.

To have a smooth migration I ask some of you to upgrade to the latest version, probably the biggest rework so far. We need to check if all is working. Functionality should be the same, please report differences and bugs if you spot some. You could always install the old version if something breaks for you.

Please also post if all is working well for you - I want to get a good picture of the state before progressing.

Thanks, thats all for now. What do you think of that news?
So go, do the upgrade ā€¦ now!

5 Likes

Way to go! I have a long list of HA projects Iā€™m working on right now, but as soon as I get to controlling my Govee strips, Iā€™ll be installing and giving feedback.

Thanks for all your work on this @LaggAt! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This project sounds amazing!

Whatā€™s the minimum version requirement for Home Assistant?
I am running an embarrassingly old version (0.91.0) and was wondering if there is any chance I can manually install this integration.

1 Like

Hello, thank you very much for your integration. How can h5041 gateway access home assistant

1 Like

Oh I have no idea ā€¦ give it a try. If you do not have HACS just copy the goove folder to your custom_component folder. No Idea if that works.