Govee integration

Isn’t mentioned in the compability list, and I do not know that device.

Thank you very much for all of your hard work. I (and others) really appreciate it. Regarding official HACs support, you may want to update your first post with that information to make it easier for others to see as the thread continues to get longer.

1 Like

So I am starting off with i am new to this community, but my issue is I have added to repository but when searching in add integration i am not seeing Govee in the list at all.

Thought I did that, will look into it. Thanks. (edit: done)

Are you searching inside HACS?

try updating and then restarting…

I have done that as well

Sorry, that was my only thought. I needed to restart the server to be able to see the new integration.

Hi, could you enable debug log as shown in the first post? Maybe we something in the logs when adding the integration, or on restart.

I also have heard sometimes it needs some patience until it shows, so maybe leave it and retry tomorrow.

i pulled up the full log from configuration - logs but there is a lot i am not sure what i would need to show. thank you so much for the help

It seems that the Govee API doesn’t support the Music/Movie mode of the 6199 Immersion Lights which is preventing this (great) custom component from using these modes.

What I’m looking to do is to just leave my lights in Movie mode and just toggle the lights on and off. I noticed that if I set the lights mode to Movie with the app and then turn my lights on/off using the toggle switch in the custom component then it’ll remember to use Movie mode. However, my problem is that when I create a Scene in HA, this custom component will send along the RGB value and my lights will then switch to Color mode when I activate the scene.

Is there a way to create a scene that just toggles the light’s state to On without passing the RGB values so that Movie mode is preserved?

Is this still a “default repository”?
When I click Configurations → Integrations → and type Gov, I don’t get any results.

Thanks in advance for all the hard work!

1 Like

Yes, but in HACS, not in Supervisor. Do you hacs.xyz installed?

@LaggAt
I totally missed that!! Thank you so much.
Have a great day!

1 Like

Hello All,
I recently updated Home assistant to core-2021.6.6 and HACS to 1.13.2, govee Integration 0.1.11
Then my Govee LED Strip(H6159) is no more active as a device it is always showing this node is note activated.
Sometimes just clicking the device cause the whole home assistant to hang.
Are these versions not compatible together?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi, I also upgraded to the latest versions and all is working great. Could you please provide debug logs as described in first post together with your actions and expectations in chronological order?

Just updated to 2021.7 and HA reports Govee invalid config:

Logger: homeassistant.util.package
Source: util/package.py:96
First occurred: 8:56:40 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:56:40 PM

Unable to install package govee-api-laggat==0.2.0: ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: command: /usr/local/bin/python3 -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-wd90o9ee/brotlipy/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-wd90o9ee/brotlipy/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' bdist_wheel -d /tmp/pip-wheel-2pvdigh_ cwd: /tmp/pip-install-wd90o9ee/brotlipy/ Complete output (18 lines): running bdist_wheel running build running build_py creating build creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.9 creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.9/brotli copying src/brotli/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.9/brotli copying src/brotli/brotli.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.9/brotli copying src/brotli/build.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.9/brotli running build_clib building 'libbrotli' library creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.9 creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.9/libbrotli creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.9/libbrotli/common creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.9/libbrotli/dec creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.9/libbrotli/enc gcc -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -fno-semantic-interposition -fno-builtin-malloc -fno-builtin-calloc -fno-builtin-realloc -fno-builtin-free -DTHREAD_STACK_SIZE=0x100000 -fPIC -Ilibbrotli/include -Ilibbrotli/ -Isrc/brotli -c libbrotli/common/dictionary.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.9/libbrotli/common/dictionary.o error: command 'gcc' failed: No such file or directory ---------------------------------------- ERROR: Failed building wheel for brotlipy ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: command: /usr/local/bin/python3 -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-wd90o9ee/brotlipy/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-wd90o9ee/brotlipy/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record /tmp/pip-record-ugqx3rei/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /usr/local/include/python3.9/brotlipy cwd: /tmp/pip-install-wd90o9ee/brotlipy/ Complete output (18 lines): running install running build running build_py creating build creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.9 creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.9/brotli copying src/brotli/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.9/brotli copying src/brotli/brotli.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.9/brotli copying src/brotli/build.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.9/brotli running build_clib building 'libbrotli' library creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.9 creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.9/libbrotli creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.9/libbrotli/common creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.9/libbrotli/dec creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.9/libbrotli/enc gcc -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -fno-semantic-interposition -fno-builtin-malloc -fno-builtin-calloc -fno-builtin-realloc -fno-builtin-free -DTHREAD_STACK_SIZE=0x100000 -fPIC -Ilibbrotli/include -Ilibbrotli/ -Isrc/brotli -c libbrotli/common/dictionary.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.9/libbrotli/common/dictionary.o error: command 'gcc' failed: No such file or directory ---------------------------------------- ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: /usr/local/bin/python3 -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-wd90o9ee/brotlipy/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-wd90o9ee/brotlipy/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record /tmp/pip-record-ugqx3rei/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /usr/local/include/python3.9/brotlipy Check the logs for full command output. WARNING: You are using pip version 20.2.4; however, version 21.1.3 is available. You should consider upgrading via the '/usr/local/bin/python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.

Edit…
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but Govee integration will not install as HA integration.
After a 3rd attempt it finally installed.

1 Like

I am using aiohttp[speedups], which results in compiling brotlipy. This failed (and then succeded?) on your machine.

I think removing this dependency wouldn’t hurt, just searched ha core code which is using aiohttp without the speedup libs. I’ll remove this dependency.

Yes, it failed a few times and the last time succeeded. I verified that the lights are controlled also.

Updated to HA 2021.7, Govee fails config as reported by HA
Restarted HA container, same result
Uninstalled Govee integration from HA and HACS
Restarted HA
Installed Govee in HACS
Restarted HA
Installed in HA integration, failed to installed
Restarted HA
Tried again at installing HACS in HA, failed
Tried a 3rd time, it worked

1 Like