Govee integration

So right now, the light is on but showing off in HA.

off

When I click the light on in Home Assistant, it turns the light off and switches it to on in HA

Screenshot 2021-08-09 131246

2021-08-09 13:13:13 WARNING (MainThread) [govee_api_laggat.govee_api_laggat] error getting state for device GoveeDevice(device='21:XX:XX', model='H6110', device_name='Stair Lighting', controllable=True, retrievable=True, support_cmds=['turn', 'brightness', 'color', 'colorTem'], support_turn=True, support_brightness=True, support_color=True, support_color_tem=True, online=True, power_state=False, brightness=0, color=(0, 0, 0), color_temp=0, timestamp=1628532597.066185, source=<GoveeSource.HISTORY: 'history'>, error='API-Error 500: {"message":"service is busy please try again later","status":500}', lock_set_until=1628532598.065928, lock_get_until=1628532599.065936, learned_set_brightness_max=None, learned_get_brightness_max=254, before_set_brightness_turn_on=False, config_offline_is_off=False): API-Error 500: {"message":"service is busy please try again later","status":500}

Screenshot 2021-08-09 131623

1 Like

or maybe Iā€™m just confused and being an idiot because i think the light grey represents that it is on, and the blue means itā€™s offā€¦

Iā€™m sorry, it was a rough morning lol

Coffee being sent your way for my ignorance

coffee

1 Like

This explains it. Dark mode is a bit confusing with these colors. Thanks, Iā€™ll enjoy the coffee.

I specifically set ā€œshow_stateā€ to true to get the On/Off/Unknown status since for some of the Govee lights (like mine) the API does not return state but the integration does. So the integration will set this to on/off but the icon color will not update.

1 Like

Govee API is working again, you want to remove this option by typing a space in that field.

Good point. Thougt a second to make this the default if a device doesnā€™t support state. This would possibly hinder people using other apps like Govee Home together with this integration. Currently they are offered two buttons and can always switch on and off.

Just added this to the first post, so that you can always check if the system is in good condition.
You may want to bookmark that link.

In the next release this graph will also show up in the integration information in HACS, so if something fails you can quickly check the system status.

Bookmark: actions/README.md at main Ā· LaggAt/actions Ā· GitHub

What do you get when you set to 1% via the govee app, or another app? Can you set to 1% via HA?

1 Like

Yes, this is working for me, and likely for almost all here. Anyway: we need to find out how your device with those negative numbers behave.

Iā€™ve got no useful info from Govee support, and the docs state there are no negative brightness values (to be exact: a range from 0ā€¦100 is mentioned. Are you used to try some requests using Postman?

Good to know Iā€™m special! Unfortunately I donā€™t have experience with postman. I have seen it mentioned so I will definitely have a look. Right now Iā€™ve got a big exam coming up mid September so I wonā€™t be able to explore it until after that. More to come in a month or so.

1 Like

We will get this figured sooner or later. I have some ideas, just need to work them out a bit.
All the best for your exam.

Hi @LaggAt I have been noticing the following error since today.

Setup failed for govee: Unable to import component: cannot import name ā€˜Goveeā€™ from ā€˜govee_api_laggatā€™ (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/govee_api_laggat/init.py).

This is preventing the govee integration from loading. I am on core-2021.9.3 which I updated today. I am not sure if the two are related.

I am able to operate the lights using the app on wifi and bluetooth.

Hm, Iā€™ll try the update today when Iā€™m home later.

Works here, also after updating. Are you on the latest version?

Hi @LaggAt thanks for the follow-up. Yes im running core 2021.9.3 and HACS Govee version [0.2.1].

Im not sure what is causing the error. I already tried re-installing the HACS integration and switching off and on the power to the light strip with no luck.

I went into integrations to try and remove the integration to retry the setup but it doesnā€™t allow me to delete the integration? Do you know how I can force delete?

1 Like

Hi @LaggAt I finally managed to delete the integration by deleting the contents of the pycache folder and I uninstalled the HACS integration. But now I cant reinstall the integration after reinstalling the HACS integration.- i get the error ā€œConfig flow could not be loadedā€. Can you please help?

1 Like

Hi, please provide debug logs. See first post for instructions. Thanks.

Hi @LaggAt it seems like my ha instance was playing up. I finally restored a copy from my backup and everything is back to normal. Appreciate your help!

1 Like

I requested a new api code from govee and then restarted ha and it atarted working.

1 Like

At no point in the Govee integration install did it ask for my API key. When is this supposed to trigger? Govee is installed, but I never inputted my key.

I can also manually add the key, but I canā€™t find anything in the files for the variable placeholder.

1 Like