Govee integration

When you add the integration. You may review the videos in first post.

I have the H6199 immersion TV LEDā€¦anyone else find that commands from HA like brightness and transition are hit or miss?

Hi there,
I just want to let you know that H6143 is also working if not already mentioned.
On/Off, Color, Temperature is working.

Thanks for the integration!

Only one small thing I recognized.
Sometimes if I set a new color, the stripes change to the selected color, then they are flickering once but keep the new settings.

1 Like

Sadly, the field is completely missing for me, even when adding the integration. I actually uninstalled and re-added the integration several times to try to get the field to show.

1 Like

Are there any ā€˜blankā€™ lines? Occasionally HA does not show the descriptive text unless you have already typed something (it happens to me frequently).

1 Like

These are the 3 screens I get. Never presented with any options more than this. Iā€™m open to manually adding my API key if someone can point me to where it is stored. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, Iā€™m an idiot, let me explain how this works for anyone else who doesnā€™t understand HACS in the future.

I needed to FIRST install HACS.

THEN I needed to install Govee in HACS as an integration.

THEN I needed to go to Configuration > Govee and install an integration there as well.

2 Likes

Is it possible to set the Govee WLED strip to have a gradient or even animation property?

1 Like

I just got the RGBIC light strips and want a similar functionality, I looked into this integration and it uses the API provided from Govee, but for some reason I donā€™t believe it is the full API. I looked into the commands that Alexa was able to use, which included setting ā€œMusic modeā€ and setting ā€œScene modeā€.

1 Like

Hi, as I can remember we support all that is public available and documented. If you have some informations what is missing but available in API reach out to me.

As I know they are available using bluetooth low energy only. For now, only the official web api is supported.

Added in first post.

Have never had that flickering, does this also happen when using Govee Home app?

Dude. This was incredibly helpful. I too am a proud idiot club member and could not figure this out. Thank you!

1 Like

Iā€™m 100% new to HA, HACS, etc. Iā€™ve gotten my H6003 bulbs to work fine with HA between brightness, color, and temp. My issue right now, is that the automations donā€™t return the color I save them as. Iā€™m setting the Color temperature all the way to Warm White (Color temp 500) in the automation. However, when the automation runs, itā€™s returning the coolest White color (Color temp 111). Listed below is my automation. Can anyone help diagnose why it wonā€™t turn warm white with the automation? Thank you.

name: Kitchen lights Normal Color
  entities:
    light.kitchen_island_1:
      min_mireds: 111
      max_mireds: 500
      supported_color_modes:
      - color_temp
      - hs
      color_mode: hs
      brightness: 255
      hs_color:
      rgb_color:
      xy_color:
      color_temp: 500
      rate_limit_total: 100
      rate_limit_remaining: 95
      rate_limit_reset_seconds: 24.204081058502197
      rate_limit_reset: 1633372345.219288
      rate_limit_on: 5
      manufacturer: Govee
      model: H6003
      friendly_name: Kitchen Island 1
      supported_features: 19
      state: 'on'
    light.kitchen_island_2:
      min_mireds: 111
      max_mireds: 500
      supported_color_modes:
      - color_temp
      - hs
      color_mode: hs
      brightness: 255
      hs_color:
      rgb_color:
      xy_color:
      rate_limit_total: 100
      rate_limit_remaining: 95
      rate_limit_reset_seconds: 24.203598022460938
      rate_limit_reset: 1633372345.219288
      rate_limit_on: 5
      manufacturer: Govee
      model: H6003
      friendly_name: Kitchen Island 2
      supported_features: 19
      state: 'on'
  icon: hass:lightbulb
1 Like

Hi, I didnā€™t figure how to configure using the wizzard. As Iā€™m using Node-Red only consider me beginner-level on automations, but i was able to hack something together.

Would you mind trying this automation yaml?

alias: to max brightness and warmwhite
description: ''
trigger: []
condition: []
action:
  - service: light.turn_on
    target:
      entity_id: light.kitchen_island_1
    data:
      brightness: 100
mode: single

I only added one of your lights. It will set brightness first, then the color temp. This is due to the limitation that i only can set one feature at a time using the API.

Iā€™m a bit curious why the generated code doesnā€™t look like the above hand-written, also the documentation doesnā€™t reflect the generated one. Anyhow - it works.

Is there a way to call a saved color? (multi light color)
Iā€™d like to on person detection flash the lights like lightening, then go back to their last state.
Any ideas?
I did it with my Hue lights, but this is a different animal.
Thanks.

1 Like

I appreciate you attempting this! Sorry my total newness to all this. Not sure I used Node-Red, so Iā€™m unsure if this automation you wrote will work out of the gate. Am I replacing my entire automation with what you wrote, to see if it works with one of the lights?

1 Like

Actually Iā€™m starting to see the issue. I wanted this to be created as a SCENE, not an automation. I wanted this scene to turn both lights Warm White. Then I can add the SCENE to a new Automation.

I tried imputing your code in the automation yaml, but it doesnā€™t like it for some reason. Telling me:

end of the stream or a document separator is expected at line 37, column 1:
alias: to max brightness and war ā€¦
^

1 Like

oh this isnā€™t node-red, this is an automation. Node-Red is more programmers alike, and I do all stuff there. I just wanted to tell: I might be wrong on everything I say on automations.

did you replace the whole automation code with exact spacing? Yaml is very picky.

Not that I know of, according to API docs this isnt supported. Govee Home is probably using BLE for this.

1 Like