Govee integration

Hi I didn’t try, I sent the strip back in favour of Lifx as the spacing between leds was rather large. I wanted a more even spread as under a kitchen counter the leds reflected too brightly

I am on integration 0.2.1 running on latest HA build. I have 2 immersion strips with camera and one Argb strip from Govee. Everything is connected and working but my only issue is the switch buttons in the Lovelace card turn to lightning bolts then few seconds later to toggle switch.
I have used API:power_state under Disable state updates under options

am I the only one with this issue?

I am having a similar issue. I am trying to add a Govee light to a Scene. I can save a scene with RGB color settings, but I am trying to save a “warm white”, and the scene always reverts to an “rgb color”.
In the scene yaml, the color mode gets set to “hs” rather than “color_temp”. I’ve tried changing manually, but it doesn’t correct the issue.
The Govee integration widget allows me to set color temperature, so I know the Govee device understands.

@LaggAt Hi Florian,

Seems I have a problem with an H6141. Everything works but there’s four attributes that are updated very often :

The rate_limit* attributes, more precisely the rate_limit_reset_seconds is updated every seconds (perhaps more). Everytime it’s updated the event is recorded in the database.

How can I ignore this as I cannot (and don’t want) to ignore the whole entity.

Thanks for your help

V.

Hi @sergio.cat
I have installed HA inside Raspberry Pi OS. It is the supervised mode.
This HA is the latest version ( Home Assistant 2022.2.2).
I have a few Govee devices that I want to add, but I cannot find Govee under integrations.
Do I have to install HACS before I can find Govee in integrations?
To be honest, I did install HACS and that made everything go bonkers- even the page http://x.x.x.x:8123/hassio/store became completely empty. I had to do a fresh install of Raspberry Pi OS and then Home Assistant.
It’s a bit of a process that doesn’t take too long, but I would rather not go over it again, hence my question: Do I have to install HACS first? In the container or the OS?

Muchas gracias.

You need to install HACS first. I just followed the steps in the link below and it worked fine. I have Home Assistant OS, but it appears the steps are the same for Supervised. I did find that it worked better if I did the install in Chrome Cognito mode so that I didnt have to clear browser cache.

Did you look into this? Their space heater has great reviews but I’d like to be able to incorporate it into my HA instance.

You should be able to add it into HA. Their API supports all of their devices that I’m aware of. I don’t know about their appliances though.

Ok, something broke on my system😔 govee integration is now broken, and tapo controller also, no idea what happened though.

DOH, disabled my 2.4ghz band earlier to fix another issue in my house and forgot to switch it back on​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: clown moment

hello @LaggAt thanks for this wonderful integration which I have been using for few months now. However today I cannot see my Govee LED lights on HA anymore as it says “unavailable”. Can you please help? There are no errors for Govee integration on my HA log.

same here :thinking:

I sorted it by turning the led on from the govee app on my phone and it automatically got detected by the custom component in HA. Try that maybe it can work for you!

Thanks, I’ve tried but doesn’t work. Have to say that they don’t even work with Google Home. They are detected, but then they show up unavailable. They just work with the Govee app.

Done. Lamps were on batteries, not with the power cord. It seems that in that case they just use bluetooth, and in the second wifi is enabled.

If it’s the Portable lamp (see photo), then there’s a battery saver mode in the app. When enabled, it will disable the on-board Wi-Fi when the power is disconnected PXL_20210920_004757592.MP|666x500

I wanted to share a quick solution I happened to find for my issue. After successful installation in HACS (I already had HACS installed), I was not finding Govee in the Devices/Integrations list. A quick clearing of browser cache via Ctrl+Shift+R made the integration appear in the list. I had already tried restarting three times. I don’t know why Home Assistant has this problem.

1 Like

Hi @Tismo, I’m seeing exactly the same with my H6072 “Lyra” lamps.

Hi @tcutting, I’m having exactly that issue with my H6072 “Lyra” lamps too.
Did you ever find a solution to this?