Govee integration

I was having similar problems. My Govee LED strips were getting a new internal IP address every time they lost power, which would cause the integration to rediscover them. I assigned a DHCP reservation for the strips in my router, and now they keep the same IP address every time they lose power, which keeps the integration working properly.

1 Like

How can I delete an old device I no longer have from this integration? I was able to delete the entity but canā€™t figure out how to delete the deviceā€¦ Any suggestion?

1 Like

The last update HA 2022.05 is not working also

1 Like

The last update of HA didnā€™t break itā€¦ something happened with the API as of May 4. Not sure what it is at this point.

Itā€™s just coincidental that it occurred during HAā€™s latest update.

1 Like

I upgraded to 2022.5 last night and it is working fine for me (knock on wood), probably a problem on their side for some users, I find their API is a bit unstableā€¦

According to the Govee docs itā€™s just a change in rate limiting, but it seems to just not accept requests any more. My lights arenā€™t accepting changes, but they are reporting their online state still (I have a strip that constantly loses connection to wifi).

1 Like

Govee Ā· Issue #72 Ā· LaggAt/hacs-govee Ā· GitHub seems like the API is totally borked :slight_smile:

1 Like

Govee have made changes to their API yesterday which has broke this integration, here is their notice from back last month

For 2022, we have some important updates for our Govee API to inform you about.

1. ā€œGovee APIā€ has been officially renamed to the more standard ā€œGovee Developer APIā€.

2. We have updated the Terms of Service for the Govee Developer API to better protect the legitimate rights and interests of both parties. Terms of Service documentation can be accessed here.

3. Due to the limited resources of the API server, the flow of some high-frequency API calls will be limited in order to make the API server more stable and serve more users.

I have again the problem.
This morning working

1 Like

Same here, tried disabling the integration and re-enabling. Have updated to 2022.5.1 as well this morning, that did not correct it either. It was odd in that a couple of my lights worked on schedules for wake up routines but not others by the time we got downstairs to start our day. Now they are all offline according to Home Assistant.

Mine right now is intermittent. Comes on then drops, back againā€¦ Hopefully Govee is getting their ish together.

Hi, I have only one led strip behind the TV (H6104 ambient light).
The last 2 days I lost connection with HA but I am noticing that I can only connect the stripe only through the bluethooth connection of Govee app. Although I am trying to connect it to my wifi network it doesnā€™t connect. It accepts only bluethooth connection. Anyone with the same problem or ideally a solution?

Just noticed this as well.
Toggling on/off in the Govee app seems to restore the WiFi connection.
My HA integration is still borked, though.

1 Like

Also have the same problem. Not responding. Maybe if i reboot HA comes back,but lost the connection in the end. If Goove has limited the API i think we are a little ****ā€¦

It seems that can avoid the max calls api. Go to the integration and configure the max Poll interval to a minor time. Restart HA. For example my case with 3 devices. Seems to be stable.

1 Like

My main problem was that the led strip wouldnā€™t connect to my wifi. I unplugged the strip for a few hours, disabled the Govee integration in HA and asked Govee for a refund with complaints.
When I reconnected the strip, it connected to my wifi, and when I enabled the integration started working (I raise the poll interval to 600). Since yesterday it is working as it should be.

1 Like

Sos un genio! Works like this

my integration fails to connect altogether. i keep getting this error:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/govee/__init__.py:67
Integration: Govee (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 7:06:19 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:06:19 PM
Error setting up entry govee for govee

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 335, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/config/custom_components/govee/__init__.py", line 67, in async_setup_entry
    await hub.rate_limit_delay()
AttributeError: 'Govee' object has no attribute 'rate_limit_delay'

Anyone else get this error or have an idea on how to fix it?

1 Like

Same error.

new api limits are:
10000 requests per user per day
AND
10 requests per minute per device

1 Like