Govee integration

The 10 requests per minute per device does not seem like a problem but the 10000 per user per day is 1 refresh every 8.6s max which is also fine (default is 10) depending on how many requests are done per refresh, like, is this doing 1 request per device? if so then with only 6 devices you need to lower the refresh to every 51.6s which is meh… and 6 is not that many devices…

2 Likes

See also, the end of this thread:

Jim

According to Govee’s Instagram they are developing a local API for setups like Home Assistant.

7 Likes

I mean this is what we all really wanted lol…

1 Like

Hopefully it will be backward compatible and not just new devices or a firmware push.

2 Likes

Govee has been really good about supporting older hardware. I have 4 year old LED strips that support the new DreamView mode. I’d imagine they’ll support older hardware with this new API.

Govee customer support is excellent. I raised an issue about this on the Govee app. They contacted me straight away, and after a few questions, they are adding me to the whitelist.

1 Like

This is great news, hope it happens, after which the immediate thing to do will be to block them from the Internet at router level, so that a firmware “update” doesn’t take it away, like Yeelight did…

1 Like

I’m now getting this error:
Logger: govee_api_laggat.api
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/govee_api_laggat/api.py:144
First occurred: 23:23:14 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 23:23:14

Rate limit exceeded, check if other devices also utilize the govee API

It’s been fine up till now. Any ideas?

Hmm were not so helpful with me. The only help they could offer is

“You can use LEDs with Amazon Alexa or Google Home” or
“Remove from LEDs from your Govee app and add once more!”

I did explain (more than once) that it was integration with home assistant and it stopped working following the API change. Sigh.

I think I’ll email their support team as opposed to using support via the app :slight_smile:

I keep bombing all there facebook ads. If we all do that they’ll have to fix it as it’ll make there stuff look faulty. It’s doing my head in now, one minute it works and then it stops only to start working again a day later. What a stupid change they’ve made.

1 Like

Are there plans to integrate the “immersion” part of the API? Or is there some trick to get them to go to that setting? Thanks in advance!

I cannot figure out how you guys are getting a color wheel. I have H6159 and I can only turn them on/off and set brightness. To adjust the color, I have to do it in the Govee app. How do I make it so I can long press on the icon and get a color wheel?

There is no immersion part of the API. The API that Govee provides only allows you to turn it on and off and change colour/brightness. It does not allow you to switch modes.

Hmm I’m pretty new to HA. Let’s say I set the backlights up to be on the video (immersion) setting. Can this integration just tell it to turn on/off without telling it anything else? Or does it need to be told a color? The govee app itself when I turn on and off the kits goes back to whatever setting it was set prior to power off. But when I try to integrate it into a scene on HA it will default the strips to whatever color is selected on the color wheel.

Maybe it depends on the device but I have the H6199 and just leave it on the video setting and turn it on and off with HA. I assume if my kids have been playing with it and change it to color or music, when it turns back on it goes to that setting.
It could be how you have it setup in the scene also, I am not sure as I just have it auto turn on when it my receiver turns on.

Awesome! You just confirmed what I want is possible now I just need to mess with it more and take it from a scene to an automation ,I’d prefer it to just come on and off with the TV…gonna have to figure that out lol. I appreciate your input!

The Alexa skill for Govee definitely has access to some more API stuff, for example it can change modes, but the problem with that is that it changes it to the default settings for that mode, not whatever you had customized.

1 Like

That was my plan also but I couldn’t get my TV consistently recognized but my receiver is always on when the TV is on so I just used that to determine if I should turn on the lights :smiley:
I also set a 2 minute delay for turning it off so I can find my way out of the room at night once I turn the TV off.

Hello,

I just purchased an H7111 Govee Smart Air Circulation Fan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MYH7947?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details and I see it’s not on the supported list of devices. In the meantime I got it hooked into Alexa and I’m just sling shotting commands from HA to Alexa. It’s definitely working and I can control all settings but I’d be willing to contribute help/information to try to support this device. I notice in Alexa, it comes across as a Description: Dehumidifier by Govee Home. I’m not sure if there’s a supported dehumidifier we can dissect/adapt but I’d certainly be willing to try.

1 Like