Govee integration

Has anyone tried the Govee “water leak detector 2” yet? Model number H5058. As found here.

1 Like

long shot, but does the integration support calibration of the TV Backlight devices? I’ve just bought one and I cannot for the life of me get it to calibrate using what bizarre system they are choosing to use to do it.

Great news! Govee has launched an updated API and even launched a forum!

9 Likes

Same issue here! - things were working and now apparently my API key is wrong.

Hopefully someone has some suggestions!

Not sure if this has been asked or not yet. I have some smart bulbs and strips. I have been able to install the integration and add buttons to toggle them on and off. I have a tap-to-run setup on the app to turn them all to music activation and one to turn everything off. Is there a way to set a button to toggle both tap-to-runs or to accomplish the same idea?

any response on a way to control the H7172 Ice Maker via HA? I just purchased one and can not figure it out

Happening here is well. Tested all the API keys with a simple API call and they are always correct. Something with the integration it seems :frowning:

Do you guys know how to integrate a heater in homekit?

climate:
  - platform: generic_thermostat
    name: heater
    heater: fan.office_air_purifier
    target_sensor: sensor.bme680_bme680_temperature

This code works, but the heater only turns on when I set it above 85 degrees using homekit. I’d prefer a lower temperature. I already tried setting up different values in celsius but it doesn’t work:

min_temp: 15
    max_temp: 21
    ac_mode: false
    target_temp: 17
    cold_tolerance: 0.3
    hot_tolerance: 0

I’d appreciate any help, my model number is H7135

I think the way to do it is with the google assistant SDK. You can send commands like turn the ice maker on or off. Seems like it’s the only way right now. I will try it out tomorrow.

% curl --request GET "https://developer-api.govee.com/v1/appliance/devices/" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Govee-API-Key: yourAPIkey"

Doesn’t work on Windows terminal

I’ve install Homebridge on my server and was able to connect this integration and control my govee heater, but how do I connect that to HA?

Use the 9 digit code provided by homebridge. Add it to homeassistant as a Homekit Device using that code.

unfortunately i have this same problem :frowning:

Posted a full recipe to support Govee Smart Space Heater H7131 GitHub - wiltodelta/homeassistant-govee-smart-heater-h7131: Govee Smart Heater H7131 Integration for Home Assistant

1 Like

Has anyone had any luck with the H6004 lightbulbs? i cant seem to get them to show up so im assuming its just unsupported at this time.

Hi everyone, I’m wondering if i’m the only one but since roughly end of November, beginning of December my three led lights stopped working in Home Assistant. They are the H6196, H613A and H6161. I tried deleting them and re-adding them but now I can’t even see them in pairing mode. Does anyone had the same error? They do not support the new LAN integration… I believe they worked before through bluetooth but now that even seems to no longer be working. Thanks for your help

Edit : was able to reactivate the bluetooth by enabling the “passive scanning” function. But still then I cannot seem to detect my lights

DIY Scenes?

I’m stuck with this integration. I can trigger my lights, no problem… but I can only set a static colour. Is there a way for me to trigger one of my created DIY scenes for my permanent outdoor lights?

You can pre-set the scene in the govee app, and only use HA to turn it on and off without selecting any color info. There is currently no way of which I am aware to set a different scene or change from anything to a scene within homeassistant.

Thanks. I actually was able to get this to work! It took some playing around… but I set up MQTT with Mosquitto. Then I got this running in docker:

It picked up my default and DIY Scenes made in the GOVEE app.

5 Likes

Oh wow, thanks!! I will try this out myself this weekend!

1 Like