Govee Lan integration with Vlans?

I was just curious if anyone has been able to get the govee lan integration working across vlans?

Mine don’t seem to be showing up and I know the docs said they have to be on the same network but I was hoping someone had a work around or some firewall rules to still get it working.

2 Likes

I am curious as well. I have 2 separate VLANs (Trusted, IOT) in my Unifi Setup, where Home Assistant is in my trusted network as a docker container (with network_mode “host”) and my Govee lights are part of IOT.
Using the govee-lan-hass integration I am not able to control the lights via LAN API.

Sorry to bump this - but I am also looking into this.
I guess you might need to masquerade the Home Assistant server IP into the IOT network so Govee thinks it is on the same VLAN. It’s not something I have experience in though.

Has anyone managed this?

Seconding the bump. I’m still struggling to overcome this limitation myself.
Particularly as it’s now the only remaining device I can’t “localise” within my HA world.

Anyone?

Bump. Anyone ever make this work. Read this guide and opened all required addresses but cannot get it to work and don’t even see HA sending anything to mDNS address.

https://app-h5.govee.com/user-manual/wlan-guide