Govee news - there's a local API

Dreamview T1 does not support local API yet

Has anyone had a chance to see how well the Govee LAN HASS integration works with the local API for the Govee Permanent RGBIC lights (H705A)?

Which is super lame. I’m not sure why people like Govee so much, tbh.

Cheap. Thats all. Cheap.

I would say, build quality, effects and fast support. I bought it to use with my tv and i am happy with it and it was not promised to work with home assistant:-)

1 Like

And available — you can get it from Home Depot or Lowes.

If you go into your Govee app and click a device then go to its settings page and click the “i” next to the api icon under the local control option it will pull up the local control documentation and I believe it is option 2 in there.

Do you think Govee will support Dreamview T1 or T2 in their API at some point?

I have a Zigbee hardware button just waiting so I can press it and everything in my TV area will switch to all lights off and then Dreamview enabled to watch some HDR flick… think it will ever happen?

Just to be clear, they have 2 different version of APIs, local and cloud one.

Majority of devices are working through cloud api but there are restrictions around call count and ending up in rate limiting.

Some of devices support local api. I believe your question is around local api support for dreamview products.

Hi, new here also. Did this get solved? similar situation

I have a DreamView T1 and can control it via the LAN API. I have it rigged up to turn on and off automatically when my TV does.