Govee smart kettle support

I’m so pleased with the new Bluetooth support!

I have a Govee Bluetooth “smart” kettle that I would love to be able to use via Home Assistant. It only works via a clunky iOS app that doesn’t even have Shortcuts support, so it’s a pain to use.

How can I help make that happen? I have a Manjaro system so I can learn how to sniff packets.

Thank you!

I have some Govee Bluetooth string lights and would like to see support for them as well!

The Govee app does have Apple Shortcuts support. Govee also plans to include their appliances in their API, which should be coming in about a week with the 5.2 update. This should allow Govee appliances to be controlled via the Govee HACS integration.

For now, I’d recommend using a smart plug. In the future, support for these Bluetooth-only Govee devices could be added with the new native Bluetooth support for HomeAssistant. Someone just needs to develop it.

@bdraco is there anything we could do to assist you in adding other govee bluetooth products?

You could open a PR to add them. The integration needs additional maintainers

1 Like

It’s actually both BT and Wifi. When you’re close enough, it connects to your phone over BT. When you’re out of range, it uses the Wifi. I’ve tried to use the Govee Bluetooth and Govee HACS integrations with it but no success getting it into HA.

If someone has an extra kettle, I wouldn’t mind starting a branch to get this working with home assistant

2 Likes

Any news on the API?

Govee has the Smart Kettle on sale this week $63.99 USD (plus a $5 coupon on many sites) so I am tempted to buy one.

I’d like to add a vote to the pile and also offer to help however I can. I just got a smart kettle from Prime Day and would love to be able to include this in a morning routine.

I found this Homebridge Govee plugin developed by @bwp91 which has support for the H7170 Kettle according to this request. But I don’t know how to do anything other than excitedly point at this for much smarter people after me to discover and hopefully link together.

Hi,

Just got one of these for Christmas, anyone figure out how to get it into HA?

In my rest.yaml file, I have this:

kettle_green_tea:
  url: https://openapi.api.govee.com/router/api/v1/device/control
  method: POST
  headers:
    Content-Type: application/json
    Govee-API-Key: your-api-key
  content_type: "application/json; charset=utf-8"
  payload: >-
    {
      "requestId": "1",
      "payload": {
        "sku": "H7170",
        "device": "AB:CD:EF:GH",
        "capability": {
          "type": "devices.capabilities.work_mode",
          "instance": "workMode",
          "value": {
            "workMode":2,
            "modeValue":0
          }
        }
      }
    }

For more info, follow this link: Control You Device
I’m also happy to answer any questions you may have :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK I got this working no problem thanks to Wez Furlong’s govee2MQTT code. You can find it here: GitHub - wez/govee2mqtt: Govee2MQTT: Connect Govee lights and devices to Home Assistant

This worked first time but first I’ll tell you what I did.

I run HA in docker and already have mosquitto running as a docker container so I can use zigbee over mqtt,

So I had to run his mqtt code also in docker.

Here’s the docker compose file I used:

govee2mqtt:
    container_name: govee2mqtt
    image: ghcr.io/wez/govee2mqtt:latest
    restart: unless-stopped
    environment:
      - GOVEE_EMAIL=<enter your govee account email here>
      - GOVEE_PASSWORD=<enter your govee account password here>
      - GOVEE_API_KEY=<you need this, you get it from in your govee app, they sent it me in 10 mins>
      - GOVEE_MQTT_HOST=<enter the ip address that runs your mqtt service>
      - GOVEE_MQTT_PORT=1883
      - GOVEE_MQTT_USER=<I have a password and user name so you have to add that if you do too>
      - GOVEE_MQTT_PASSWORD=<this is the mqtt password, if you don't have this comment out the lines>
      - GOVEE_TEMPERATURE_SCALE=F
      - RUST_LOG_STYLE=always
      #RUST_LOG=govee=trace
      - TZ=America/Denver
    network_mode: host

OK I ran this, looked at the logs in portainer and everything worked perfectly, then I jumpted over the HA and under mqtt I had a new smart kettle entity with ALL the attributes you need.

Works brilliantly, good luck.

Tony

2 Likes