GPIO basic HI/LOW WITH DIMMER

Hello , have a pi hooked up a 8 ch SSR relay with GPIO pins triggering bulbs on and off and i use normal hardware dimmer the wheel ones to turn the brightness of the bulbs on and off how can i use the slider dimming within the OS to control the brightness of the BULBS

the relays i can find for dimmer are

http://www.amazon.in/Dimmer-4A-ESP8266-Snubber-circuit-dimming/dp/B01D623VXQ?encoding=UTF8&portal-device-attributes=desktop&psc=1&redirect=true&ref=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A216LXYAA4QNPY

I want to buys some of these, but i am trying to get better shipping rates to Australia!

how did you go using them? there is not a lot of info on their website, but it looks like they take a 4-bit input, which allows for dimming in 5% increments.

Does that sound reasonable?

I am looking at re-flashing the esp8266 to something that receives MQTT messages to turn on and off and set the dimming level.

i haven’t tested this is still lying around i bought

and tested this i am able to send on off commands through mqtt , i am able to connect to via mqtt send in ON off commands but i am not able to send dimming values from home assistant
please check this post i have put in the mqtt code and my HA config.

@Gagan_Kochar Have you been able to use the ARMTronix dimmer with HA ? Looks like original firmware in is pretty bad (non standard mqtt messages for dimming, no autodiscovery for MQTT…) I wanted to flash it with something else but don’t look so easy (there is some code in Arduino board that ESP needs to communicate with…

ya the firmware is in pretty bad shape i have managed to get it to dimming through mqtt broker inside HA picture attached the values Dimmer: remains constant all i have to do is change the value after that any idea how it can be achieved through UI

also they have new model which says works with alexa in reviews and Q&A also on amazon (link below)

Cool but I guess the best would be to adapt an existeng ESP8266 firmware to use it correctly :wink: I was thinking about ESPHomeyaml as it supports autodiscovery but have not been able to do something till now (guy forwarded me electric/electronic schema but have not been able to get the whole thing working up to now :frowning: