GPS feed to plot the location on the Map

Hi, how do I create an object on the map and feed it with a constant stream of Lat & Long?

I have a NodeRed flow that captures the Lat and Long from a mobile device and want to see the position plotted on the map of the device, the same way a person is plotted that has the app on their phone…

I can only get the lat/long and nothing else from the device so can’t install the app to have it provide the updates.

thanks

Admins/Mods: please move this if it’s in the wrong category. Thanks

Have a look at device_tracker.see

It creates a device tracker using lat / lon

Hi, would this be for an existing device, or new one? and will it show on the Map in Lovelace?

It can create a new device_tracker and yes it can be displayed on map

Have a search on here, there’s lots of examples

1 Like

So I currently have a Lat and Long being stored in an input_text entity (inserted by NodeRed), I can change the format of storage but it currently looks like 53.0095185 -1.20793433
Or I can craft a Call Service node to call a service instead of dumping the values in an input_text, but I’m struggling to get to grips with the device tracker functions in HA. It currently in maps only shows devices mobiles that have the app installed.
Is there a tutorial I can follow to make this happen?
Thanks

Have a look here:

I think it would be easier if you could create a sensor for each of the lat and lon. I don’t use NR so not sure you can use that, but if not you could use a couple of template sensors

1 Like

All resolved. I’ll do a run down on my solution in a couple of days. thanks

hello can you explain your solution I also need a object on the map THX

Hi,

Did you ever post this? I am in the same situation and can’t figure it out.

Thanks !!

Same thing here. I’m surprised this still hasn’t been addressed yet. lol Lets just show a track on a map, or be able to import gpx files into the map.

Sorry, no, I’ll try and find some time this weekend to post up a short tutorial. :smiley:

Hi dougle03,
i’m interested in your solution. Actually i have the same problem and i’m not sure how to solve.

Thank you very much!