GPStracker

Hi, this used to work then it was improved and my system fell on its head but I didn’t have time to sort it out then but I’ve finally got back to it.
I am yaml based config, ver 0.94.3, Python 3.7.3. Raspberry Pi3B in a simple vend
I tried to set it up by clicking the plus on integrations, that let me add the webhook and gave me a 200 character string as an id so I cut and paste it to a windows text file.
I copy this into the phone and cycle things but get an error that it has “Received message from unregistered webhook” but with my number as set on the error message.
There was a previous thread that I read so I have checked the formats of everything on the GPSlogger page.

Q1: is there any way to get back to that horrendous id to double check it?
Q2: are there any diagnostic tools I can use to work out why my data arrives but is ‘wrong’?
I’m just banging my head here.
(Retired Assembler and C/C++ programmer with no little linux/python background to draw on)

The unregistered webhook message could be caused by something as simple as an extra space or a missing character from the cut and paste. I believe one way this could happen is if you’ve accidentally included a line termination character from the windows text file. If you’re 100% positive that’s not what’s going on then maybe what I’ve written below will help.

When I updated from 0.93.X to 0.94.3 I had GPSLogger working on two phones and it stopped working. It turns out that new device trackers were created and some places were pointing to the new ones and some were pointing to the old ones which were no longer updating. Your problem sounds a little different since you can’t get it set up after the upgrade. However, there a couple of things you could check:

• My understanding is that if you have any setup for GPSLogger in configuration.yaml you have to remove it and only use the integrations page in the front end. I didn’t have this but I ran across it while searching for a solution.
  • In my case I had entries in known_devices.yaml for the (pre-update) GPSLogger device tackers. I had to manually delete these.
  • Because of my previous setup the people entities were linked to the pre-upgrade device trackers. I had to manually change the configuration in the front end to point them at the new device trackers.

I think you can find it in <config>/.storage/core.config_entries.

Wow! In one.
That number bears no resemblance to the one shown when ‘integrations’ set up so I emailed it to the phone, stuck it into GPSlogger and BINGO! I’m at home.
I set up the integrations about three times and always got a much longer number which never worked.

Many thanks. I will try to figure out how to report it as a bug later.

1 Like