Gravatar for person entity

I’m running HomeAssistant 94.3. I had a panel in the lovelace UI that would show people that are home. I’m converting that to use the new person integration which is fine, but I lost the images I had specified in the known_devices file before. Using a local picture works by adding it in the customization section of the UI and the entity_picture attribute. But in my known_devices.yaml, I had been using a gravatar for my image by using:
gravatar: [emailaddress]

That attribute doesn’t appear to be recognized in the entity editor. Is there a way to associate a gravatar to an entity?

I’ve seen this question come up at least once. I haven’t searched for it, but I suspect it might have come up more as well. If there isn’t already a feature request for it, you might want to create one.

In the meantime, you can use the code listed here:

If you’re not sure how to do that, run python3, then copy and paste that function, and then call it like this:

get_gravatar_for_email('your_email_address')

It will return an URL you can copy into the person’s entity_picture attribute.

Ah, nice workaround. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! Sorry for a newbie question, but where should I find the person settings where I can change entity_picture? It doesn’t seem to be in any of the YAML, do you need to dig into the .storage configs?