Great stuff in 1.14.0

Thank you @ottowinter and all the contributors.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the contributors and community members!

I mean just look at the top image table - most of the integrations there were by outside contributors this time. Itā€™s great that I can focus more on the core aspects (like captive portal and native api refactoring) now :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Just a word of caution.
I updated to this today and as soon as I flashed my nodemcu, wifi stopped working. Reflashing with Tasmota and it connects immediately again.
This device has worked for weeks with 1.13.6 - itā€™s just 1.14.0 that has killed it. From the github it seems this is some kind of known issue - but Tasmota works.
Otto did assist on discord but itā€™s still not working and no solution in sight so I recommend a full snapshot so you can restore to 1.13.6 if you run into a similar problem.

Couple of changes required for xiaomi miflora sensors, but updated all 18 esphome devices via the update all. No issues to report

Thanks @OttoWinter

Otto Winter and many developers ā€¦
Congratulation !!!

I always pulling for you. for your sake, I am happy Esphomingā€¦
Thank you.

which devices have prolems? Or all??

How to update to 1.14? Thanks

how did you install esphome?

tried the new ā€œupdate allā€ option, but iā€™ll had to enter one of the options within the compile window

INFO Successfully compiled program.
Found multiple options, please choose one:
  [1] /dev/ttyACM0 (ttyACM0)
  [2] /dev/ttyACM1 (ttyACM1)
  [3] /dev/ttyUSB0 (FT232R USB UART)
  [4] Over The Air (3d_printer.local)

But whatever (4) i pressed within this window, nothing happens :slight_smile: what/ how do i enter this 4th option ?
Running Hassio with the ESP add-on

I only have one device running esphome (rest are Tasmota). It is a nodemcuv3 with a LCD screen (which is why I used esphome)
I just ordered an esp32 to try as I think this is only an issue with the ESP8266 chip.

I had the same issue with ā€œupdate allā€, and I think I resolved it by restarting the addon and trying again. The second time, I didnā€™t get that menu and it just uploaded automatically as it has in the past. I donā€™t remember exactly what fixed it, but between doing a clean compile, re-uploading, and restarting the addon, my two 8266 NodeMCUv3 boards are working on 1.14.

How do you upgrade to 1.14 ?

I get this, and see no way to upgrade. Even after switch ā€˜auto updateā€™ on and restarting HA

Add-on version: 1.13.6
You are running the latest version of this add-on.

I use docker and just pulled the latest:

docker pull esphome/esphome

Hassio addon, now I see the possibility of upgrading the addon, and did it

having the same issue, how to upgrade? iā€™m running hassio.

Same as you update any addon.