GreenIQ Irrigation Controller

thanks to your tutorial i was able to get the greeniq up and running again for summer :slight_smile: so thank you very much for that.

do you know if there is a mobile app i can use for sprinkler_pi ? or some other way to get this box smarter? :smiley: id like to integrate it with the rest of my home, i also turn my pool light on and off with the sprinkler :smiley:

I was able to access the login interface on http://10.0.0.1. But username:password greeniq:greeniq does not work for me for the gen3. I have checked the original packaging and there is no plastic card and I have also tried the other combinations suggested here without any luck. Any other suggestions how I can get my new greeniq gen3 to work?

@pete83, did you get yours working?

Yes, the default login/password came from an image of his Gen3 that he sent: once you are able to read the ext4 partition, it is easy to find it in the /home/greeniq/hub_server/php/lite-login.php file.
I guess (but not sure) you do not have the latest software update (or pete83 did not), that would explain why it is different.

Hello

As mentioned by abies the login worked for me. No idea what firmware version I have but direct connection enabled.

Best
Peter

I have searched the web for a guide on how I could achieve this. All my tries have failed so far. How can I read the partition?

You can read and write ext4 with Paragon ExtFS for Windows Version 4.2.651.
regards
gwaag

Hello everyone, After having tried 2-3-4 times to use the Direct Procedure I bought RainMachine and it works much better! https://www.digitalgardensrl.it/collections/rainmachine

Has anyone else got a Green IQ Flow Meter? I’m trying to figure out how many “ticks per liter” it sends but can’t seem to find anything in the GreenIQ python scripts. I can see where they increment the tick count, but nowhere can I see where they translate tick counts to liters per minute.

I can’t simply test it by pouring water through my flow meter since it’s hooked up inline with my tank in a difficult to access spot. If anyone else knows how many impulses per liter the GIQ-EU80-01 flow meter delivers I’d be incredibly grateful. Here’s a link to its datasheet: http://shop.domo-supply.com/en/connected-objects/722-greeniq-1-flow-metter-eu-model-giq-eu80-01.html

I am sorry, but the ticks per liter can not be known from the GreenIQ source code.
From the main.py script, only the number of ticks was sent to the cloud where the conversion formula was used.

ping_to_cloud_data = {'gpio':gpio_command,
                                      'timestamp': gpio_timestamp,
                                      'firmware': version,
                                      'progress': eval(water_progress),
                                      'end_time': eval(water_end_time),
                                      'adc': eval(adc),
                                      'flow': flow_meter.get_ticks(),
                                      'planned_gpio': planned_gpio,
                                      'skip_reason': skip_reason_map}
                ping_result = hub_core.ping_to_cloud(json.dumps(ping_to_cloud_data))[0]

But, it looks like a hell like this one: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/1-BSP-in-line-digital-water_721923921.html
Which would mean 80 pulse / liter

Edit: less details from previous link, but still the same reference with different cabling, that I guess was closer from what you bought: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/1-BSP-in-line-liquid-flow_721916506.html?spm=a2700.details.maylikehoz.3.1c302e8bEQCXAH

1 Like

Can somebody help me?

I need the original SD card content with green iq software !!!

GEN2 type

I made a backup of the original software with win32 dismanager , and I can send it to you.

Please send me info where I can upload it, ftp, cloud, etc. & login info.

regards

ThomasBeerli

Thank you very much. This seems to be it.

The place of origin (Taiwan) is the same and the data sheet in the first link matches exactly the one in my link, the only difference being that your link states the number of pulses per liter.

I saw that block of code, and even went to the effort to decompile their android app, but have yet to find any info there either.

Hi

this is my FTP server: andru.akom.hu

User: gwaag
using password: gwaag

Thank you very much for your help

Have a nice day

Done. Good luck.
regards
Thomas Beerli

Have someone a image for greeniq gen3 after cloud shutdown? I guess it is called “greeniq direct access” or FW v5.7038?

Hi!

Thank you for the greeniq gen2
backup file

But I have the latest update that will allow direct contact since the greeniq server is terminated. If someone udna send backup file I would thank.

Hi: andru

Hello,
my greeniq was not working anymore after they terminated the cloud server.
I found this thread ,
// GreenIQ Irrigation Controller //
with this new installation it works again without the cloud.
Sprinklers_pi is now 1.5.2
regards
Thomas Beerli

Hello - I’m also one of the lucky owners of a GreenIQ 3rd Gen. Unfortunately i do not have a little green card with the username/Pw on it, so i can’t log in.

Therefore i was wondering if someone could

1. point me to the right one for a gen 3? (seems there might be several around)
  2. share an image of the sdcard with the updated firmware on and a working login
  3. share an image with a working version of sprinkler_pi

I’m happy to do some faffing, but reading this thread, it seems all the working posts are about gen 2 units which are rpi based.

Hope someone can lend a hand or point me in the right direction.

best regards
Kristoffer

I know this one worked for pete83:
user: greeniq
password: greeniq
This is a default password, I do not think there are several for Gen3 units, so does it work for you?
(there is a different one for Gen2)

Hello,

Can someone give me a Image of the so card from gen 3 i have destroy mine while trying tho Start with Raspberry Image

Thanks for help