GreenIQ Irrigation Controller

I am very glad you are following this path for advanced users, I just would like to try fixing GreenIQ.

It is easy, for Gen2 GreenIQs, it is located in /home/pi/greeniq/Code/modelb_utilities.py (and modelc_utilities.py for Gen3)

[quote].

Sure, you need to reset root password as described here for pi user (pi user has been removed by GreenIQ): Changer un mot de passe oublié sur Raspberry Pi en 5 étapes

Hi,
With this procedure can I replace the GreenIQ SD card?
thanks
Rodrigo

Yes you can format it, or use another one.

1 Like

Incredible !!!
I did every single step you describe, but when greenIQ (3rd gen) turns on and I see all the green LEDs and it doesn’t connect to the wifi that I configured on raspberry …
Can you tell me if I’ve done something wrong?
Tnks!
R.

The LEDs are no longer relevant when you install the new OS, it should be something with the Wifi connection …

Can you confirm that I’ve done the correct steps?
1- install newOS with raspberry
2- configure the wifi on raspberry
3- install SprinklersPi and dependencies …
4- remove the sd card from the raspberry
5- replace the greeniq card with the new one.

Correct?

Hi,
I test else, i have gen3 and the same issue green led stay on and no communication with wifi.

Hello.Same here. I cannot get the wifi to work.

I think the Wifi problem is coming from the Stretch version of Raspbian and it’s new naming convention. Try adding net.ifnames=0 on the file /boot/cmdline.txt making sure you leave a space between each one of the arguments.

EDIT: To avoid spamming this forum with unrelated question, please join this discord group where I can reply to specific questions: https://discord.gg/tvrsXSs

Hello!
I have a GreenIQ device like that, but unfortunately I don’t have SD card in it.
Can somebody send me the SD card files, or can somebody share where can I download them?
Thank you in advance.

Hello. Be aware! the name of your network(ssid) must not contain “_”.

Hi tomdh76
Have you been able to connect via greeniq direct to your box? I’m trying desperately the last days but I do not get access. My user name / Pw is not accepted. I assume the user and pw is not the one used for the app?! But where can I find this initial and correct one?
Can anyone help ?! Cheers

I have the same problem, they says to use the id and password of plstic card but me i don’t have it! I have gen 3 it can be the cause.

And another information Gen 3 don’t have rasberry inside and that can’t work with SprinklerPi

Have you a picture of what is inside Gen3?

Thank you, I did not know it was a custom PCB as Rainmachine did.
I do not understand this user/login issue on the Gen3, the source code seems almost identical from the Gen2.

No I have not, and decided to buy a Rainmachine instead…Even if it could work by direct control I do not see any use in it as it is in that situation not smart anymore…

@a-reda Thanks a lot for your help. Just followed your steps on a Gen 2 GreenIQ (connected via LAN) and everything worked like a Charme.
Need to re-install the cabling and see if iit works as expected but I don’t doubt this.

Thanks! Thorsten

No worries!

Make sure you choose Direct Positive in the SprinklersPi settings

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you very much a-reda, this solution is ok for my green gen2. I am so happy.
Before i use Netatmo for weather, how is possible to use this PWS ?

Best regards

1 Like