Greenwave Reality (TCP Connected) Lights component not working

My setup is hassio. I have greenwave reality with firmware 3.0.80. Configured as described in the home assistant blog:

light:

• platform: greenwave
    host: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    version: 3

The lights work fine when controlled from ios app. Gateway is synced with home assistant and recognizes and populates lights but I am unable to turn on or off the lights through home assistant. Here is the error log:

Error executing service <ServiceCall light.turn_off: entity_id=[‘light.center_led’]>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1006, in _event_to_service_call
await service_handler.func(service_call)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/init.py”, line 346, in async_handle_light_service
await light.async_turn_off(**params)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 332, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 250, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 245, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/greenwave.py”, line 110, in turn_off
greenwave.turn_off(self._host, self._did, self._token)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/greenwavereality/greenwavereality.py”, line 75, in turn_off
scheme + ‘://’ + host + ‘/gwr/gop.php?cmd=DeviceSendCommand&data=1’ + token + ‘’ + did + ‘0&fmt=xml’)
TypeError: must be str, not int

Anyone have any thoughts ? HA updates have not helped resolve this issue. TIA

Here’s a pointer

Let me know if you figured it all out.

1 Like

Thanks that worked and fixed the issue !

Hi k8gg, I have Hassio installed using the optimized “resinos-hassio-1.3-raspberrypi3.img.bz2” image on my RPI3. What I would like to know is how do I get to the directory to copy the “greenwave.py” to the " .homeassistant/custom_components/light", being that the command line is so restricted. Or do I need to install everything manually?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I’m not really doing hass.io in RPI3 so not sure about what exactly the applicable command (newbie here also)

But I did reference this doc https://www.home-assistant.io/developers/component_loading/
… so (in my instance) the custom_components/light folder sits inside the same config folder in which your configuration.yaml sits.

Does that make sense?

Yes, it does I will try it and see what happens.
Thanks for the direction it is appreciated.

Bumping this to keep the need to have this corrected in the baseline.
I’m still using the custom component also and I can confirm that the issue is still not resolved in 0.89.1.
In order breaking changes, so I created a test system and updated to 0.89.1. ,
I manually modified the custom component directory structure to custom_components/greenwave, renamed greenwave.py to light.py and created init.py in the directory.
With the hub in sync mode, it found all lights. Lights operate correctly

Hello, I’m new Home Assistant, but from what I read, there is still a fairly large group of people using the TCP Connected bulb. It looks like the the Greenwave Reality core integration is still receiving this error when trying to turn on/off a light:
Failed to call service light/turn_on. can only concatenate str (not “int”) to str

I have successfully used this custom component: https://github.com/gbealmer/my_greenwave but was curios to know if the core version could be fixed.

Thanks.

@Geist - So are your TCP Connected bulbs alive and well these days? Just wondering which route you are taking in the end.