I would love to be able to use my GrillEye Pro+ BBQ meat temperature sensor(s) within HA.
Of course it wouldn’t be fair to let others create what I want to integrate.
What I’ve found so far:
- An Android APK version 1.6 (although my iPhone version is at 3.1 already)
- api.grilleye.com is the server to connect to
- The phone registers to that website with specific calls
- Then whenever I press one of the sensors to see graphical temperatures, a call is made to https://api.grilleye.com/temperatures/xxxxxxxxxxx0000000 where the x’s stand for the serial number of the GrillEye Pro+. It needs a security-key in the header of the GET request.
- Somehow current temperatures are not requested but probably pushed (I was unable to see this traffic in an HTTPS SSL Proxy program)
I’m unsure if this security-key relates to the app itself or if it is somehow a hash of my GrillEye Pro+ and iPhone.
Who could push me into the right direction? Or is even willing to participate in reverse-engineering of the GrillEye API?