Grocy to track groceries, a good way!

Hi Guys,

I would like to share a idea and get your feedback.

I like the idea of having a groceries tracker, don’t really know why, but I like it, the problem is that it takes a lot of work, and if my partner isn’t into it, I will soon give up also.

But recently I imagined a scenario using nfc tags, each tag to a type of grocery and if I use it I just tag it.

What do you guys think? a evolution would be to have a scale, I would tag and weight the grocery and update that value in grocy. the problem is the scale, don’t know of any smart kitchen scales.

Regards,
Ricardo

I share your desires, and also have found similar downfalls to trying to use grocy. Instead I opted for a simpler solution. I simply placed QR codes on the shelf where frequently items are stored((this could be NFC tags as you talk about) and when we need the item we scan the code. This adds the item to the home assistant shopping list with an automation. I then have another automation which sends a notify message to devices when they enter zone which corresponds to the grocery store, the message reminds the user to check the shopping list.

Another option is to scan the barcode of any item you are low on.