Group goes to unknown if one member of the group is unknown

Anyone known their ‘groups’ to misbehave? Just had my house alarm constantly trying to arm when it wouldn’t normally and when I dug down into why this was, the group for my wife was toggling home/not home when actually this was only true for one of its constituent parts (bluetooth) - the other part (iPhone tracker) was solidly home the whole time. I think I have a VAAAGUE recollection this happened once before years ago.

Weird.

This has happened again today. I don’t know if it’s a bug associated with 0.114.4 or not - but it’s really weird.

My wife’s bluetooth dongle ‘disappeared’ as far as Home Assistant was concerned and instead of her ‘group’ remaining ‘home’ (because her phone was still showing as home), the group went to not_home.

Really odd…

Aaaaaand it’s just happened again.

The only thing that seems to solve it is a reboot of HA.

Maddening.

I’m going to upgrade to the most recent version (when I’ve got a day set aside to work out any gremlins) but this is truly, truly bizarre.

After a few days uptime my presence detection randomly goes Pete Tong and just implodes, wreaking havoc!

I know I’m shouting into the void here but I’m closing in on the problem.

For some reason when my wife’s (or my) bluetooth dongle goes to unknown, it’s wrecking the status of the entire group…the entire group then reports as unknown instead of ‘home’ (as one member of the group is home!)

Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 19.27.06