Grouping Automations on frontend for organization

Wanted to request this feature also. But saw was already requested for long time ago.

We can select room to get the automations. But if that room has already 20automations, than it would be nice to group them more.

What I did is group them by name, so have the light automations for that room all starting whit a number 2 for example.
Than in the big list it is grouped together already.

But we should be able to group them visually
meaning that in the YAML file we put extra line, for grouping.
than when we have the big list we can select the room and than select also light entities to get only light entities for that room.

Please please please. A better organzation is needed, especially an huge amount of automations. Folders, tags or both :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes please, can we have this?!!! I appreciate all the good tips about naming conventions etc… but in the end they are all workarounds.

On the contrary. :slight_smile: Despite what this topic brings us, a naming convention is something one should always use, not only in HA. Naming conventions aren’t a workaround, they are good practice! :wink:

Agree and I am a practitioner. My statement is to be seen in relation to the numerous requests for automation folders :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’d love this too!

Still can’t believe this ain’t a thing yet. I’m no coder but this must be easier than some of the amazing voice stuff they’re doing right now

4 Likes

I need this too.

Almost a must to have feature, specially when reaching over 100 automation.

1 Like

Ive just hit 101…so would certainly benefit

Please add this. Some kind of folders or whatever with tree structure.

1 Like

+1 on on this important feature. @Grant10k got the description perfect in early 2020.

I love the power of automations. But I dislike that automations to turn something on, followed by another trigger to turn it off, have to be implemented as a pair of automations and these cannot be linked for simplifying the listing in the automation config UI. Also if you want to deactivate this automation pair, you have to search for and deactivate two automations.

And I stand by it to this day.

Though now for any new automation, I create one automation with both on/off triggers, then a conditional based on which trigger fired. It’s a little convoluted, but less so than having the on/off automations totally separate. And when you disable it, both ‘automation paths’ of course turn off at the same time.

+1 need this…

+1, Please please please!
This Request is from March 2019. It is by far the most voted Request. There are Tons of Comments point out why this would be a great Benefit.
I really just don’t understand why this hasn’t been adressed yet.

Please, Please, make the Automations/Scripts/Scenes more Maintainance-friendly :pray:

1 Like

The HA developers are usually very responsive, but I do not understand why this feature has not been added yet, or at least we are given a status.

1 Like

+1 here. Please add this feature.

1 Like

I don’t have any issues with finding automations. I have around 45, never had a problem finding any of them using built in filtering. Could it be better? Maybe. It could also end up being much more confusing as well. If I was a developer for this, I would certainly shy away from it. There is no way possible to please everyone in this thread so hate comments would be rampant. While I have many ideas to make this workable, it would not please everybody, so no wonder nobody wants this project. :smiley:

EDIT: Just so you know, I have read every single comment here. It took me a few days. Lots of good ideas, many bad ones too. I learned a few things too, like how to assign an automation to an area. Never knew one could do that. I took advantage of that in Entities. Made it pretty easy to find an automation.

280 Automations here :wink: If i was you i guess i wouldn’t loose Overview as well…

2 Likes

Would love this feature