Groups.all* are still available

hi,

coming from here trying t solve some unexpected scripting behavior, Ive turned on home assistant.core: debug, and now notice the group.all_automations, group.all_devices, etc are still in the system…

I’ve havent set them up manually, nor do I use a script to create these groups on startup. I take it it cant be caused by auto-entities cards, but to be sure ive renamed these as follows:

card:
      type: entities
      title: All Switchex
      show_header_toggle: false
    filter:
      include:
        - domain: switch
          options:
            secondary_info: last-changed

- type: custom:auto-entities
    card:
      type: entities
      title: All Devicex
      show_header_toggle: false
    filter:
      include:
        - domain: device_tracker

Anyone got an idea how these groups can still be logged in the system?

2020-04-06 23:32:22 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=group.all_automations, old_state=None, new_state=<state group.all_automations=on; entity_id=('automation.xxx, listing of all automations, cut her to keep post tidy'), order=61, auto=True, friendly_name=All Automations @ 2020-04-06T23:32:22.444093+02:00>>

same for lights, remotes, scripts, switches:

you can spot the manually created ones.

Since maintaining these groups costs a lot of system resources, I would have hoped them to be gone by now…
please have a look, thanks!

I don’t see them. Do you have an auto-generated dashboard perhaps?

What version are you on?

Using 107.5, and no, no auto-generated dashboards, only my handmade Yaml configuration.

update

So stupid, I had forgotten all about @petro’s appdaemon script I had installed…

my apologies.

since al my other ‘all’ groups are light groups, please let me ask if it would be preferable for the system performance to have these as light groups? Groups need to be updated constantly, and I don’t know if that is also the case for groups in the light domain.