Groups don't seem to work

I’ve recently migrated to ZHA from Zigbee2MQTT because I had trouble keeping my config stable (bulbs would fall out of contact, then need to be manually re-added to groups etc.)

I have all IKEA devices, mostly GU10 spots, and some E27 and E14 bulbs plus a few remote controls.

The bulbs themselves seem to work fine, and a fair bit faster than they did in Z2M, but groups seem not to work whatsoever. I’ve set up 4 groups with 3-6 bulbs in each, but they do not respond to any commands from the UI, or from zha.issue_zigbee_group_command with the following settings:

group: 0x0004
cluster_id: 0x0006
command: 0x0001

Are there any extra steps I could take to fix this? I see there is a fairly advanced bindings menu on the bulb entities themselves - does this need to be used?

HA groups or Zigbee groups?

Zigbee groups. I’m using a TI CC2531 incidentally for my coordinator.

You can always try HA groups to see if that would work.

I did, however it tends to make some lights not respond to the first command, and also makes my Ikea lamps hang up sometimes requiring a power cycle to get them back to working:/

Yes, it is better to use zigbee groups instead of HA groups.

Correction, the groups work one way, that is if I manually turn off all lights, the group turns off and vice versa, but the reverse does not work.

Turned on some debugging, the only thing that shows up in the logs when trying to do the groups is this:

* Waiter timeout: <Waiter matcher=<Matcher type=CommandType.AREQ subsystem=Subsystem.AF command=dataConfirm payload={'endpoint': 1, 'transid': 183}> future=<Future cancelled> timeout=10000 sequence=None>
* Waiter timeout: <Waiter matcher=<Matcher type=CommandType.AREQ subsystem=Subsystem.AF command=dataConfirm payload={'endpoint': 1, 'transid': 185}> future=<Future cancelled> timeout=10000 sequence=None>
* Waiter timeout: <Waiter matcher=<Matcher type=CommandType.AREQ subsystem=Subsystem.AF command=dataConfirm payload={'endpoint': 1, 'transid': 245}> future=<Future cancelled> timeout=10000 sequence=None>
* Waiter timeout: <Waiter matcher=<Matcher type=CommandType.AREQ subsystem=Subsystem.AF command=dataConfirm payload={'endpoint': 1, 'transid': 7}> future=<Future cancelled> timeout=10000 sequence=None>
* Waiter timeout: <Waiter matcher=<Matcher type=CommandType.AREQ subsystem=Subsystem.AF command=dataConfirm payload={'endpoint': 1, 'transid': 31}> future=<Future cancelled> timeout=10000 sequence=None>

zigpy_cc for the TI CC2531 is still very much beta – lack of group/multicast support is a current open issue:

Ah, awesome, thank you for that pointer, I was looking in the wrong repository - that means there’s nothing wrong with my setup at least, so I’ll give it a few and see if the issue gets closed:)