Growatt Integration Overview

With the official Growatt integration being broken, I was looking into the available alternatives and found it a bit overwhelming at first. So I tried to break down all the available options, their advantages and disadvantages and how they relate to each other. And finally I described which of them I picked for my setup and how to configure it. I hope it helps.

https://www.splitbrain.org/blog/2023-11/03-growatt_and_home_assistant

Please note that I am far from an expert on all this, so I might not be able to answer any questions you have, but ask away anyway and maybe otherā€™s can chime in to clarify.

Please donā€™t post blog links in the Community guides section. If you read the category description you will see that community guides operate like a wiki. And we canā€™t edit your blog when it becomes out of date.

Oh sorry, I didnā€™t see that. Thanks for moving the post!

Hi Andreas, thanks for the write down. For me it wasnā€™t clear how to go ahead with Grott but now with your explanation Iā€™m going the same road you have done. With the addon.

1 Like

Andreas - thank you so much for taking the time to write down a consolidation piece for a topic that had become very confusing. You presented in such a clear way, it really really helped.

Unfortunately Iā€™m still getting something wrong, or Growatt have done something which stops me moving foward. If anyone has any suggestions Iā€™d be very grateful.

I have SPH5000 and MIN 2500 TL-X plus batteries. Iā€™ve followed Andreas with following actions but without success:

1. Removed old Growatt Core Integration
  2. Installed GROTT addon (2.7 current stable), configured and have it running.
  3. Iā€™m hitting a brick wall trying to reconfigure either of my Dataloggers (a ShineWifi-X stick and a ShineWifi-S) to successfully start sending data to Homeassistant.
    Method A (put dataloggers into AP mode (succeed), log on to AP (succeed) find datalogger web page at 192.168.10.100 (fail - no web page found there, but IP address confirmed)
    Method B use growatt server to reconfigure the dataloggers. Took a while before finding ā€˜All Devicesā€™ arrow in the My Photovoltaic Devices section which allows access to Datalogger Setting panel. I set IP to my homeassistant IP address, left Domain empty, and set port to 5279. It seems like which ever parameter has the radio button selected when you click the Yes (save) button is the param that is saved. Saving those and waiting for Homeassistant Grott Log to show any incoming data produced no results. Other options in the Datalogger Setting panel are ā€˜Update Dataloggerā€™ (appears to be firmware update), Restart Datalogger (appears to wipe out the IP and port custom values back to blank) and ā€˜Clear Data Logger Logā€™ which Iā€™ve not tried.
    Method C find dataloggers on your home network and browse to the Growatt Shinelink/X Setting Center at that internal IP address (fail - I can only find external 213.x.x.x addresses for both dataloggers, and despite trawling through Fing addresses for my network and pointing browser at any possible contenders, I have not found these Shinelink Setting Centre pages anywhere.

I managed to confirm my issue was not a communication problem with Grott on port 5279 by using putty to attempt to open a connection with the IP address and that port, which produces an entry in the Grott log ā€œGrowatt packet receivedā€ but invalid data record, understandably.

I cannot seem to find a way to configure either of my data loggers to point to Grottā€¦ does anyone have any suggestions please?