Growatt Integration sensor for individual strings TLX inverter

Yesterday I activated my Growatt PV installation.
The Growatt integration in HA works like a charm.
Unfortunately, I miss a sensor for each string (I have two MPP trackers in my Growatt inverter.)

Could you add sensors for the individual trackers to the HA Growatt integration?

Thank you very much!

I’m about to have a growatt PV installation too.
Which inverter do you have and what sensors is HA pulling atm?
Did you get the energy meter installed too?
Thanks.

I have an MIN 3000TL-XE

Currently six entity’s in home assistant.

• total energy today
  • total energy lifetime
  • total maximum power
  • total money today
  • total money lifetime
  • total power output

Don’t know what you mean with an energy meter.

What the issue probably is, is that your inverter is of a type that is not currently supported in this case the integration has no other choice than to log it and ignore that device.

I’ll refer you to these github issues for some more information

Hopefully if Add support for tlx-device by spockster1985 · Pull Request #38908 · home-assistant/core · GitHub gets fixed and merged your device might be supported

One important information that could be added is montly power. This Month(kWh):

Cause in Growatt inverter we have Actual in W, by Day KWH, by month KWH and by year KWH.

Another suggestion is leave some open configuration to set different currencies, cause this feature is using only Euros.

Thank you for your reply.
I activated the logging as suggested in one of the posts you mentioned and got this line back:

2021-07-13 11:06:12 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.growatt_server.sensor] Device type tlx was found but is not supported right now

So I hope the tlx device will be added soon :wink:

If you need any help or data to speed up adding this device, please let me know. I am happy to help.

The smart meter is an extra meter (SDM230 Modbus) that goes in meter box to provide information such as total house load consumption, and how much power is being pumped/pulled from the grid.

My Inverter has two input too, and both are connected, but I’m only getting the total from both.

Does anyone know how to go about making a request to try get these extra sensors implemented?
Seems like it would be extra great having these sensors especially with the new Energy functions in HA.

Hi, I have a so called smart meter (electricity meter) in my home that is equipped with a P1 port (DSMR Slimme Meter - Home Assistant)
This gives me all the information your extra meter is providing.

The support for the TL-X(E) inverter is almost finished. (after that, the measurements for the individual strings for the TLX device will be added to Home Assistant.)

Don’t know if your inverter is using TLX as device type (probably not)
Maybe you can add the following to your configuration.yaml (Configuration.yaml - Home Assistant)

# Logger entitys
logger:
   default: error
   logs:
      homeassistant.components.growatt_server: debug

In the log section of home assistant settings you can find information when the inverter is not recognized by the integration.

this will look something like this:
2021-07-13 11:06:12 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.growatt_server.sensor] Device type tlx was found but is not supported right now

I have a min5000tl-x inverter. Is that what you mean by device type “tlx”?

My smart meter shows up in the shine app (and Growatt server) to show load consumption/grid consumption vs solar generation. It does only show this when the inverter is running during the day. I’m thinking of wiring in an rs845 to USB and use the modbus integration to get readings from the energy meter 24/7.

For now, it would be great if the Growatt integration just pulled that info too.

Is there a summary/list of what extra sensors/data will be available after the update please?

Thank you.

These are the new sensors when the TLX type inverter is added to the growatt integration:
The data is provided by a Growatt Shinelan-x\Shinewifi-x, plugged in the min3000tl-x that uploads to server.growatt.com.
This integration only reports the production of my PV installation. Not the grid consumption\delivery.

In my situation I don’t have a modbus and use an entirely different integration for the power consumption and delivery of my home to the grid (the DSMR implementation)

Hope this helps.

1 Like

This is great! Thanks for the info - really looking forward to the update.

Looking at the list, there isn’t anything that mentions load consumption or grid import/export for example.

I understand your hardware is different, but due to me having the smart meter providing the info directly to the inverter via modbus, will I have those extra sensors or have they not been implemented at all?

This feature request will be resolved by the following PR:

Maybe you can make a screenshot of the values you are seeing.
(in the ShinePhone app go to the installation tab. Click on the inverter below ‘my devices’ and then click on ‘all parameters’) below screenshots of my inverter.

We can add sensors in the future but I can’t test or see which sensors you would need, for that I would need the screenshots.

Sounds good.

I’m waiting for the installers to come back as they hooked up the Smart meter incorrectly.

But from what it’s showing in the app, I’m hoping to pull in active_energy (house load consumption), user_energy and grid_energy.

I’m not sure if any of the other information will be useful at this stage.

1 Like

Great effort!

However all values keep at zero:

Any suggestions how to debug that?

it would also be great if we can get the year devices, as on my script what ive used some time ago i could retrieve all yearly total dates from Growatt

Hi folks.

Just a quick question…can you use the house load detection to work out consumption.?
Just wondering if I need a smart meter as well when I get my growatt stuff done next month…

Hi,

See my screenshots below.

I have a Growatt 9000 TL3-X 3-fase with a ShineLAN-X datalogger, which works partly. I do miss a lot of information (they stay zero) especially from the 2 separate MPTT’s.
This information is available in the Growatt portal (see 3rd screenshot), but stays empty in HA. (see 2nd screenshot)
The total’s do work as expected (see 1st screenshot)
As the data is availble in the portal and the entities are created, it seems like this is a bug.

Any help is more than welcome.

First of all, thank you for your work creating this HA integration.
Right now, as @RienduPre said, for my setup, the Growatt integration only generates sensors related to solar production. I do not get any sensor related to load consumption, kwh exported to grid or imported from grid. So right now the integration is useless as I can’t setup properly the HA energy dashboard.
My inverter is a Growatt mod. 10KTL3-XH
Please, could it be possible to integrate the needed data?
From the growatt app, all info is available, I do not get what only 1/3 of the data fields are obtained.
Thanks again.

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, let me say “hi”, I’m Chris aka ‘muppet3000’ who maintains the Growatt Integration for Home Assistant.

Secondly, sorry for the massive cross-post on all the forum topics with ‘Growatt’ in the title, it was just easier to copy/paste this everywhere.

Thirdly, I didn’t realise how many forum posts there were for Growatt and the Integration!!! I must admit I find the forums very difficult to follow and navigate so I don’t spend much time here.

I mainly wanted to post to draw everyone’s attention to the following info:
1 - I’ve started maintaining the Integration primarily as a ‘custom integration’ which you can find here
2 - There’s a handy Info page for the custom integration here
3 - I will periodically roll up changes from the custom integration into the Core one in Home Assistant but this will not be very regularly
4 - There’s a prioritised list of bugs/feature requests that I’m working on here
5 - There’s a more thorough reasoning for my decision to move this into a custom integration here
6 - One thing that’s missing from the Feature Requests etc. is the addition to configure systems - I’m working on it, but it’s a background task until I have added support for all the different types of systems - Add ideas here if you have thoughts on what you’d like to be able to do.
7 - If you want to log issues or feature requests please do it here - Only there and in the Home Assistant Core repo will I actually see them, like I said I don’t actively monitor the forums, so the official repos are the best places!
8 - Please don’t assume that I’ve read this thread in a huge amount of detail, if feature requests etc. that have been requested in this thread are still relevant, please log them over on the new git repo here and I’ll get them prioritised - PLEASE read through the issues already logged first to check you’re not duplicating requests.

I hope all that makes sense, I’ve marked this thread as ‘watching’ so I’ll get notifications if people respond etc. but getting hold of me via the git repo issues section is the best way.

C