Growatt Inverter - What to do now?

w its works fine ! thx

maybe add a little note what you did so also others can learn?

like the instruction from mrfixit1 than the right entität - that was it
its works fine :slight_smile:

I have Homey Bridge and Growatt integration works fine there.
How come it works well with one system and not with others?

Thanks for the integration and stepping into the gap where the official applications don’t suffice. I need some help with connecting multiple inverters.

I have two inverters from Growatt, from different eras:

• TL3-XH9000, connected with a Wi-Fi stick to the ShineLANBox hardwired to the router.
  • 1500-S, connected with a ShineWiFi-S stick directly to the router.

Installing both inverters in the Grott 2.7 should look something like this (if im correct):

I can find the TL3 IPaddress and have configured it as stated in the guide, with the IPaddress of Home Assistant. I get my values in MQTT, and those are readable. However, the generated energy (Today) seems to be a few kW off compared to the inverter itself and the server information of Growatt.

The following I’m unsure of:

• Which inverter type of the 1500-S inverter should I use (as a last resort, I tried “MIN”)?
  • How to reroute the IP address to Home Assistant if I can’t find the IP address of the ShineWiFi-S? (I tried with the server.growatt, see lower picture, but with both uncertainties, I don’t know if this is the way to go)"

KUTGW!

With the swearing it may also not work …
I cannot speak for the GW models but I first have to ask if you know what you are doing and how the data flows, this helps identify the issue.
In short: inverter>shinewifistick>grott>mqtt
HA can then consume the data from mqtt
first you need to make sure grott receives the data and this is visible in the grott log
I would start with one inverter only, and I only see the stick data, so the IP shown should be the IP of the grott (container)

Thanks for the quick reply. I wasn’t swearing, it was a encouragement: Keep Up The Good Work (KUTGW ;))

I know the flow of the data and did the thing you suggested. I had 1 inverter connected and that worked just as described. I revieved the data.

My issue is the “type” of the 1500-s inverter isn’t described, so which type do I use in de inerter mapping?

Second, I cant find the shinewifistick-s IP in my router or other systems. Fing, or other applications don’t show the IP. There for I changed the IPadres in the growattserver website as in the picture. When ysing ‘default’ only the TL3 inverter is found.

Hello everyone, :wave: I’ve been trying to connect my Growatt system to Home Assistant via Grott like @mrfixit1 but for days now. Everything was going smoothly until the point where I needed to connect with my ShineWiFi-X datalogger to enter the IP of my HA here. Each time, I receive the response: “192.168.10.100 has refused the connection.”

Here’s what I’ve already tried:

1. Direct connection via access point to the datalogger [http://192.168.10.100]
  2. Connected the datalogger to my home network and tried to connect via the IP visible in Fritzbox.
  3. Set up a new WiFi network, connected the respective ShineWiFi-X, and tried to access the web interface.
  4. Deleted the datalogger at Growatt, performed a reset, reconnected it, and connected via access point to my PC.
  5. Checked with angryIP to see if there could be any other issues.
  6. I have tried each of the above connections with 4 different devices (PC Win11; notebook win10; android; apple) and with 3 different browsers each.

Regardless of the method used, the browser returns the following:

"The website is not reachable
192.168.10.100 has refused the connection.
Try the following: Check connection

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

server.growatt.com reliably receives all data and shows no disruption.
I already checked the whole internet but haven’t found any answers.
I hope someone can help me with my problem, I really don’t know what else to do.

Biber :grinning:

It connects to grott, not HA…you leave out vital information as to how you installed grott (container or HAOS) and if you see the data in your MQTT (e.g. use MQTT Explorer)
Before all that, no need to look at HA at all

1 Like

Dumb questions first: are you 100% certain that 10.100 is the correct IP for your datalogger? Can you ping it? And what results does a port scan produce?

Hi and thanks for your fast replays
I even not reach the datalogger through AP mode to configurate this stuff:

I used this manual: https://shop.ecosolaris.ro/image/doc_files/1618491644_Growatt+ShineWiFi-S+OR+X+WIFI+setup+through+AP+mode.pdf
@mrfixit1 when I am back home from work today, I will double check all these

I’m juat using the Growatt integration. It worked fine til after the updates to homeassistant from yesterdayband today

Hi :slight_smile: here are all information of the datalogger.

Any ideas how I can reach the ap mode?

If you’re seeing valid data in the Growatt ShinePhone app and server page, and the blue led on the inverter dongle is flashing, then your inverter is already connected to your LAN. Forget the AP mode, scan your LAN, find your data logger, login to its web page and reroute the PV data to your HA instance.

1 Like

I managed to get my second datalogger (shiniwifistick-s) in AP mode and replaced the IP so its connected to Grott trough wifi.

Grott does recieve packages from both my dataloggers/inverters. IP ending on .14 and .72 (both fixed IP adresses).

Both dataloggers are visible in the original growatt app and server data.

MQTT in HA only sees 1 unit with 39 entities, all from the first datalogger/inverter.

Any hints or solutions why i miss the .72 inverter information?

Thanks a lot for your support cause I am about to start my growatt HA installation today and therefore I like to know more about the setups possible.

I am running HAOS on a Pi 5 with 4 GB latest HAOS version (right now February) .

So far I had thought that my only way to integrate all my up to 8 growatt inverters (4x min 4600 + 1x mic 3000 + 2x mic 2000 + 1x sph 4600) in HA would be to setup an additional grott server.

But your hint there in your reply is showing 2 other options I guess.

It seems like you are assuming to run GROTT on the same plattform as the HA installation, right ?

What is the best way to install and run a family of up to 8 inverters,

• a Pi 5 dedicated for HA only and a dedicated GROTT Server (like Pi3 or Pi Zero ?)
  • or running both on the Pi 5 on the HA OS server?

And which way to choose or where to start if I choose the container or HAOS installation ?
using only my HA alone, or am I wrong?

To be honest, I donot have HAOS, I run all via containers and I am not aware of a grott add-on for HAOS (which in essence is also a container but more controlled by HA). My grott container I can run on any machine as long as it finds the MQTT server from where HA collects the data. For HAOS, if (!) it is a add-ob, you have no choice I guess to run it next to HA on the same machine.

I cannot make any statement here but we are not talking about a huge amount fo data that grott needs to forward. Grott seems very lean wrt to mem/cpu use and I am getting data in every few minutes which is ‘nothing’ wrt to sending to MQTT

see above, if you want grott separately from HAOS then you need to have a docker env. running and then I would (personnally) prefer this to be on another machine…again I doubt that you need this so I would first try HAOS + grott add-on (assuming there is an add-on)

1 Like

Did some playing around and setup a VM with HAOS and the grott addon
Then I relinked my grott container to point to the add-on instead ot grott-server and the add-on is receiving its data. Came to this idea because grott is proxying to growatt server so the package received from the shinewifi is just forwarded…and the add-on picks it up
So my flow is now
Inverter > ShineWifi stick > grott container on NUC > MQTT on NUC > HA
and (!)
Inverter > ShineWifi stick > grott container on NUC > VM wiht HAOS + grott add-on on Syno > MQTT on HAOS > HA
The addon is apparently auto-adding the entities to HAOS

Thanks a lot cause I guess I have missed your setup in the beginning.

You seem to have running HA OS in a docker container I assume and then you had added grott also as a docker container which I had understand “wrong” assuming you would have had HA OS installation and inside that running a grott container even though I was aware that his usually is not possible. So my fault.

And then I might have also made a mistake regarding the whole integration cause I had assumed till now that I would have to have a separate hardware for a grott server and this would then talkl to my home assistant using a grott integration.

WRONG at least partly.

There is a HACS addon which I had assumed to run on top of or inside HA.
And then months ago I had read about the grott installation and the way how to do it but that was meant only to create a working GROTT installation which then later could be used inside the HACS Grott Integration. That is meant to be a temporary testbed cause inside HA Grott the possibilities to get grott right would be limited, which I had completely forgotten or might be written somewhere in my own research and notes cause I had done that 1 year ago already when I started using the GROWATT HA api integration which had been working fine till the growatt blocking mess killed my account late last year. Since then I had been relying on the app and web without a real HA integration.

Here is the link to the HA OS Hacs Grott integration provided by MUPPET3000 which you can find here

Here is the description in short

In order to make use of the Home Assistant Grott Integration you must first have a working Grott setup. Grott can be configured in many different ways and the Grott repo itself is not particularly helpful in explaining how this can be done. The documentation in this repo aims to simplify/help with the setup process.

And in my memory I completely forgot about the temporary kind of setup as standalone system which would be running.

Therefore I will now start to setup a dedicaded Pi 3 with Pi OS and I guess docker where I then will try to setup the GROTT installation to save from there the grott files / configuration needed.
And if all things would go wrong I would end up at least temporarily with a Pi 5 HAOS setup and I assume a Pi Zero for the Grott Server cause if I had understood that right, the grott server is talking to the Growatt Server and to my HA server via mqtt, therefore a mqtt explorer required - cause it is my first mqtt adventure.

Thanks a lot and hopefully that might help others in their Growatt - Grott - HA integration adventures cause this is how it feels to me right now. Luckily the base system , the inverters and the growatt server are all working fine, so I have acces to the data of all the 8 inverters and devices (i mean the 3 phase smartmeter and then also the seplos battery / BMS, both recogniced by Growatt if that were Growatt products too).

Thanks for the summary which had helped me a lot.

Look at my next message… I truly believe you donot need a special setup for grott if you run HAOS. I would start with just the add-on and only when you believe this goes pearshaped, you could add a dedicated machine…which I really (!) doubt is needed…there is almost nothing on data to be managed, hence.

Edit: what would interest me more is IF and then HOW grott combines multiple inverters into 1 (??) entity covering all production