GUI not accessible, but i can log with ssh

Hello, I’m unable to access Homeassistant GUI locally or phone app for 2-3 days.
Dunno if it’s coincidence or not, but my NabuCasa subscription expired in about the same time.
The RaspberryPi also became really slow on every command. I fixed this by clearing some disk space.

I renewed the NabuCasa subscription, but it’s the same thing.

Can i get some help debugging this?
Thanks!

My backups seem to still work:

This is what the home folder contains:

In the config folder you will find the HA logs. You may be able to get an idea of what is happening.

Did you by chance upgrade to 2022.7? There are a few ssl problems as a result. You can restore a snapshot from the command line.

@Mikefila thanks for the tip. I found the config folder and the logs look full of errors:

Trying to restore with the hassio command i get -bash: hassio: command not found.
Also my backups are in the google cloud and were probably overwritten with the bad configs.

Found a command that could work, but it doesn’t look like i have any backups?

WTF is the point of having any backups when you wake up one day and nothing works anymore out of the blue with no way of using those backups?

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ha cli info
update_available: false
version: 2022.06.0
version_latest: 2022.06.0

I kinda fixed it. It was something in the configuration.yaml probably related to NabuCasa.
However now i can’t connect to NabuCasa and my Supervisior panel is not working anymore.