Guide for installing Inovelli devices in Home Assistant (OZWave v1.4)

For instance in the customize.yaml file. Should i put anything like whats listed be below for inovelli’s dimmer switches.

light.inovelli_lzw31_sn_dimmer_red_series_level:
supported_features: 22

According to the manual the dimmer switch supports 22 parameters so that i put as a wild guess

No, do not change supported_features for anything other than the bulbs. Changing that is optional if you don’t get full functionality out of the entity in question. Even after changing it, there’s a chance it doesn’t work.

I dont know if you can help me with this, hopefully you can. I followed your guide and when i put the config path in on my yaml I lose my zwave network management. If i take out the config path it works fine cept I dont get the parameters of these awesome switches. of course with homeassistant restarts inbetween of editing of yaml

fyi I am running on windows 10 vm
I copied the files to
file://homeassistant/config/OZWave/config/inovelli/
and my yaml looks like yours with a different usb path.

Did you copy ALL the files from the config directory per step 1.2 ?

It’s probably a formatting issue. Can you post your zwave.yaml or the relevant section of configuration.yaml? It should look something like this:

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/zwave-nortek
  network_key: !secret zwave_key_nortek
  #####################
  # Added for Inovelli lights on 04 May 2020, per https://community.home-assistant.io/t/guide-for-installing-inovelli-devices-in-home-assistant-ozwave-v1-4/172043
  ####################
  config_path: /config/open-zwave/config

device_config:
    #####################
    #          GE refresh non-sense:     https://community.home-assistant.io/t/z-wave-configuration-refresh-value-what-exactly-should-this-be/42767/2?u=kschlichter
    #          https://community.home-assistant.io/t/ge-enbrighten-light-switch-flips-between-two-brightness-settings-on-command/156324
    #####################
    light.outside_front_lights:
      refresh_value: true
      delay: 4

No I am a total idiot i used what i am assuming is the 1.6 ozwave files from another post as a reply on this thread. I used all the files and did the editing of the xml file and it seems to be fine. I still have to exclude and reintroduce the switch but I am just going to do that later. Thanks for the response I think I have it now.

You shouldn’t have to exclude it, I believe you can just do a Refresh Node and it’ll re-pull the data from the XML files.

I stumbled upon this forum trying to configure parameters for my Inovelli 4-in-1 sensors; just wanted to say it works great using the following configuration:

ozwave/config/manufacturer_specific.xml:

<Manufacturer id="031E" name="Inovelli">
    <Product type="000d" id="0001" name="LZW60 4-in-1 Sensor" config="inovelli/lzw60.xml"/>\
</Manufacturer>

With the corresponding file: lzw60.xml

Happy automating!

I used to GUI to configure zwave and so it’s not listed in my configuration.yaml file. Will step 3 mess up my current config, or is it safe?

It will not mess up your config.

1 Like

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Unable to load /config/ozwave/config/manufacturer_specific.xml

I’ve followed the instructions as best I can. I used the “file editor” add-on to edit the file as described above. So I know the file exists, it looks like it is in the correct location and I didn’t transfer the files from my Mac, so there shouldn’t be any problem with the way the text is encoded or anything.

But it’s clearly not reading any of the device information, after including my new Inovelli switch it shows up as “unknown” and no configuration parameters are available.

Thanks.

Where did you put the files?

Does the file pass xml validation?

I’m putting the files in /config/ozwave/config

Well, apparently not. Here are the errors. These are in sections I didn’t edit. At least I don’t think so:

Errors in the XML document:
	2:	72	cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'ManufacturerSpecificData'.

Errors in file xml-schema:
	2295:	15	The end-tag for element type "Manufacturer" must end with a '>' delimiter.

Here’s the full file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><ManufacturerSpecificData xmlns='http:// - Pastebin.com

You deleted too much from the Manufacturer catagory prior to the addition you added. Every section must end with

</Manufacturer>

Oh god, that’s embarrassing. Thank you.

Okay, so I’ve re-added the switch and it’s showing the correct Inovelli name. It’s also add the light and two sensors to HA.

Still nothing showing up under “Node Configuration Options” for configuration parameters. Isn’t this where I Would see options for changing things like minimum brightness and ramp rate?

Yep, it should be there. Especially if the name has come in properly. Try refreshing the page and clearing the cache. You may need to heal your network if you just included it.

Thank you, fellow idiot. Your comment clued me in to the problem I was having. Turns out I don’t know how “git clone” works and got the current ozwave files. Thanks for saving me countless desk induced concussions.

1 Like

I tried installing the LZW60 just as you did, but when adding the node the name of the device is still coming in as unknown, but all of the features are available. The exact name is:

“Unknown: id=031e Unknown: type=000d, id=0001”

My manifacturer_specific.xml looks like:

<Manufacturer id="031E" name="Inovelli">
		<Product type="0002" id="0001" name="LZW30-SN Switch Red Series" config="inovelli/lzw30-sn.xml"/>
		<Product type="0001" id="0001" name="LZW31-SN Dimmer Red Series" config="inovelli/lzw31-sn.xml"/>
		<Product type="0005" id="0001" name="LZW42 Multi-Color Bulb" config="inovelli/lzw42.xml"/>
		<Product type="0006" id="0001" name="LZW41 Multi-White Bulb" config="inovelli/lzw41.xml"/>
		<Product type="0007" id="0001" name="LZW40 Dimmable  Bulb" config="inovelli/lzw40.xml"/>
		<Product type="000d" id="0001" name="LZW60 4-in-1 Sensor" config="inovelli/lzw60.xml"/>
	</Manufacturer>

As mentioned, all of the features work correctly, and I’ve been trying to figure out how to eliminate me from having to change the name of the device manually once it’s been added to the zwave network. Any thoughts on why this is occuring?

that’s stored in the cache. Only way to change that is to update your cache with the correct manufacturer or exclude after performing this process then including.

You could try a ‘Refresh Node Info’ pretty sure there’s a button for that in the control panel.