Guide to retrieve Xiaomi Roborock (and other) tokens!

Great ! Thanks!!! I have used a day to figure it out :-/ but it works even when I get the error !

Anyone notice that the token changes every few days? I have obtained it using wireshark, added it & for a few days it works fine. Then it just stops & I can see that the token has changed & it keeps doing this

I have the same token for months, though I do not use the latest version, I have rooted it as well. Also know that when resetting or updating your token will change.

Sure, no resetting nor wifi change & also has a static IP, still changes though. It is on the latest firmware & not rooted if that makes a difference.

Latest firmware you say? Ah I have no experience with that as when I rooted my device it specifically advised against updating. Not even sure if it is still easily possible.

If you get the chance get Valetudo RE on your device, you will not regret it. It will also free you from the chinese cloud!

Cheers, Iā€™ll take a look

EDIT:
unfortunately S6 isnā€™t hackable yet

258/5000

This is the best method to obtain the token that I have found, simple and fast. Iā€™ve only tried with the vacuum cleaner connected to the RoboRock app, but I suppose it will work with the Xiaomi app.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, as it stands, I cannot get v0.0.1 of this app to work with the latest Roborock s6 firmware (v 01.17.08).

dont work for s5 and s5 max :-/

I confirm, after firmware upgrade s6 pure 1.06.98 mi home old version does not show anymore the device.
I am looking for alternatives to get the token

The README isnā€™t helpful, but the steps are:

1. Reset wifi on the Roborock, holding the two buttons
  2. Connect your computer to the wifi network that the vacuum creates
  3. Extract the tool and run the executable
  4. ā€œGet Tokenā€, token should show up among other data in the text field, if youā€™re connected to the right network
  5. Grab the token and reconnect the vacuum to the usual wifi network.
4 Likes

Awesome, does this work with the newest update to s5 max ?

I restarted wifi on s5 max (up-to-date), get the token via v0.01 app and after that added vacuum to Roborock app and tried add it to HA but it says itā€™s unavailable all the time.

have you tried with the old mi home 5.5.54 ? Get Xiaomi Robot Token & IP from Mi Home App (Android) without 3rd-party apps

Wow! This worked really easyā€¦ I can confirm that worked with my S4 and it was really quick!

1 Like

that worked for me as well, thanks.

ran up nox player on my macbook and found the log file, to collect the token

Sadly this is the only way who still work, but it require a mi home account. my roborock S6 work with the roborock app witch is much more privacy friendly, but i canā€™t get the token that way, and canā€™t get it from the vacuum AP because it now change.

iā€™ll have to send it back for a refund :sob: :

Has anyone have success getting a S6 Pure to connect. I get the token but it shows as unavailable in HA.
I was able to get my pervious S4 to work.

Probably because itā€™s no longer available to the app since itā€™s tied to the Roborock app, hopefully there is a better integration comingā€¦

Just got my S6 MaxV ā€“ No success :confused:

Got the A token, but not too sure that its the correct and working oneā€¦ It does not work with the component. (and yes, I double checked that I use the correct IP address :wink: )

The component reports:

2020-06-11 09:26:55 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of vacuum.xiaomi_vacuum_cleaner is taking over 10 seconds
2020-06-11 09:27:05 ERROR (SyncWorker_9) [miio.miioprotocol] Got error when receiving: timed out
2020-06-11 09:27:05 WARNING (SyncWorker_9) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio.vacuum] Got exception while fetching the state: No response from the device
2020-06-11 09:27:16 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of vacuum.xiaomi_vacuum_cleaner is taking over 10 seconds
2020-06-11 09:27:26 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [miio.miioprotocol] Got error when receiving: timed out
2020-06-11 09:27:26 WARNING (SyncWorker_18) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio.vacuum] Got exception while fetching the state: No response from the device
2020-06-11 09:27:37 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of vacuum.xiaomi_vacuum_cleaner is taking over 10 seconds
2020-06-11 09:27:47 ERROR (SyncWorker_29) [miio.miioprotocol] Got error when receiving: timed out
2020-06-11 09:27:47 WARNING (SyncWorker_29) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio.vacuum] Got exception while fetching the state: No response from the device
2020-06-11 09:27:58 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of vacuum.xiaomi_vacuum_cleaner is taking over 10 seconds
2020-06-11 09:28:08 ERROR (SyncWorker_2) [miio.miioprotocol] Got error when receiving: timed out
2020-06-11 09:28:08 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio.vacuum] Got exception while fetching the state: No response from the device
2020-06-11 09:28:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of vacuum.xiaomi_vacuum_cleaner is taking over 10 seconds
2020-06-11 09:28:29 ERROR (SyncWorker_17) [miio.miioprotocol] Got error when receiving: timed out
2020-06-11 09:28:29 WARNING (SyncWorker_17) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio.vacuum] Got exception while fetching the state: No response from the device