HA 0.112 + Home Assistant Companion iOS app integration issue

I suddenly have errors in my log when my system needs to send a Push Notification. It happens with the latest HA and IOS Companion version.

Logger: homeassistant.components.mobile_app.notify
Source: components/mobile_app/notify.py:153
Integration: Mobile App (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:35:19 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:39:13

Is anyone else seeing this? I notice that when I start the app, and trigger an alert with a sensor, it works again.

Yeah, same thing:

Logger: homeassistant.components.mobile_app.notify
Source: components/mobile_app/notify.py:153
Integration: Mobile App (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 5:05:56 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:05:56 PM

Requested entity was not found.

I have the same thing :frowning:

2020-07-04 10:17:54 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mobile_app.notify] Requested entity was not found.

I had the situation that my iOS notify stopped working. Then I started the iOS app and it works again. Then I put the app into the background and it still works. Last was I closed the app and it also works. It seems like if the app is not running for a longer time something is happening in the background that kill’s the communication. As soon as the app runs again it briefly works for a while.

Hmmm. I just can’t seem to figure out if it is because of the new HomeAssistant iOS app or HA 0.112. Anyone else have a clue?

I use HA 0.111.4 and the error also comes.

I’m a bit stuck on what I should do with the following warning regarding the Logitech Harmony remote;

XMPP is not enabled, using web sockets however this might not work with future Harmony firmware updates, please enable XMPP

If I go to harmony app to attempt to enable it reports;

WARNING! By enabling XMPP connection you are disabling a critical security feature required to safeguard you against vulnerabilities. This connection may create an unsecured local access point vulnerable to be hacked. We recommend all users disable this connection.

I’m not exactly sure what the potential security issue I’ll be opening than leaving HA currently to use WebSockets and if they later remove support to WebSockets switch over then?

There is a chance that the issue in the 2020.3 with critical notifications has caused some push tokens to become invalid. If you go to App Configuration>Notifications and reset the token then restart Home Assistant, this may clear the issue.

3 Likes

I think the issue was fixed in the latest app update. I haven’t seen the error since.

1 Like

I’m still getting this error as well as no notifications making it to the app. Tried refreshing token as well as reinstalling the app.

yes this worked for me. out of interest, what’s ‘the issue in the 2020.3 with critical notifications’ ?

Thanks was working :slight_smile:

i have the same issue. Even with a complete new user and thus app (and token) i still have the same problem. Any idea’s?

Since moving the app from developer to home assistant, my notifications stop working and still cannot get them to work

My notification aren’t working either anymore. I can’t seem to get a new push id. I recently switched to Telegram bot. It’s as good and allows me to send photo’s too. The companion app does it too, but it can only be viewed when on your local network. Now I see it all the time. :slight_smile: So, I am really happy having switched.

that sorted my error out. Thanks Tom.