HA Android Companion app sending empty notifications

I’ve noticed that since I updated the home assistant app on my android phone to version 2.4.1, I’ve been getting empty notifications from home assistant popping up at the top of my screen, but then completely disappearing after a second or two. I have no automations or triggers to cause notifications from home assistant, so I’m imagining this is just a bug in the latest app release. Anyone else having this issue or know of a solution other than just disabling notifications from the app entirely?

These are probably updating sensor measages. This wad mentioned in the release notes. If you use android 8+ you can disable thr sensor channel and it will not appear again.

1 Like

When you say updating sensors do you mean the app/phone sensors like location and battery or do you mean all my other sensors like the ones I use for my pool, etc. If it’s the app senors, can I just outright disable them seeing as I don’t use them for anything anyways? My phone runs android 7

No, only the sensors from the phone like charging state, wifi connection etc. I’m afraid but as far as I know you can’t disable this on android < 8 wothout disabling all notifications from the app.

Thanks for this, the mystery notifications have been driving my partner up the wall!