HA App crashes on Lenovo M10

I have a Lenovo Tab M10 3rd gen that I use to display a dashboard. The HA App is the only app running and it crashes about twice a day.

I am unsure if it is a problem with the app, my dashboard or the tablet. Here is what I have tried:

• Display the same dashboard with FullyKiosk → Crashes
  • Display the same dashboard with Chrome → Hangs
  • Display standard Energy dashboard with the app → Crashes

The tablet uses more and more memory (4Gb) until the app crashes. It is running Android 12, I think it started when Android was updated from version 11 or with an update to the HA app.

I mostly use iOS myself, so I don’t know how to fix this or what else to do.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Edit: I tried to display the dashboard on an old iPad with the HA app. That worked fine.

Any logs??

I can’t find any logs. But I don’t really know where to look for them.

Settings > Companion App > etc.

You provided little info.

Did it not crash before?

If it didn’t, what did you change?

What do your views on your dashboard look like? Are you using any custom cards?

OK, I found some logs there, but they are not from when the app crashed. I’ll see if I can find it later. I have crash reporting enabled, so hopefully some logs are sent somewhere.

As stated, I think it started when I updated from Android 11 to 12 or with a update to the app. Those two updates happened more or less at the same time. It did not crash before that.

Yes, I use some custom cards, that is why I tested with the default energy dashboard with just some standard cards. It still crashes.

The same problem happens when I use Fully Kiosk browser (crash) and Chrome browser (hangs). So I think it is more related to Android than the companion app.

I have also completely reset the tablet, but it did not help. I am now looking into downgrading the Android version, but I have not found out how to do that.

Just clearing views and dashboards from custom cards might not be enough. You need to uninstall them or ensure the JS resources aren’t getting loaded.

Also try booting your sever into safe mode (new feature) and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks! I’ll try to remove some of the cards and see if that helps. I’ll also try safe mode.

The dashboard works fine on my iOS/iPadOS devices so I might as well see if I can update to an iPad if I don’t solve it.

Did you find a solution?
I am facing the same problem

Any logs???

these are the logs from the app, but not the time the app crashed.
Is there a way to have access to older logs?
Also would Android App Logs be usefull?

No, I haven’t found a solution yet.

I have narrowed it down to one of my mqtt devices (or the card showing values form that device).

One temporary solution is to use Firefox to display the dashboard. After trying different versions of webkit and experiencing the same problem, I found out that Firefox does not crash.

Is there a way to display firefox browser in fullscreen, like running a app?

I don’t think so

I found a solution, at least in my case. I also have the Lenovo M10 Gen3 with a similar issue. The dashboard was randomly closing about once a day. I tried disabling different cards without improvement.

My solution is using Fully Kiosk. You have to disable cache:
Settings → Advanced Web Settings → Cache mode → Never use cache.

I also set:
Settings → Web auto Reload → Web auto Reload on idle → 3600.

The second step is optional. I have been running the dashboard for about a week now without crashing. Maybe this helps also to those with Fire tablets and similar issues. I cannot confirm as I don’t own one.

I hope it helps.

1 Like

This is good news! I have narrowed it down to one card with some templated entities. I am currently running a test with these entities removed from the card. If I don’t find any other solution, I will try FK with the settings you suggested!