HA Continuously Crashing

Hello

I’m running HA OS on a raspberry pi 3b+ with a 32gig sd card. It has been running fine for the last several months, but suddenly it has starred crashing out right. It’s totally random as to when it happens too. I have zero idea at the cause, so I’ll reaching out for help.

Have a search of the forums here for similar issues and how to view your logs and monitor your cpu and memory use.

I suppose guilty is the sd card …
It means that you don’t have a lot of time before it will crash definitively.
Change for a cheap SSD
Phil

It’s a brand new sd card.

There are some issues with flooding of the websockets which might occur due to stale browser windows.
Editing the GUI frontend in the internal editor seems to make it worse, especially if you edit a name for a sensor in a line that already is working. The GUI will then try to lookup the “new” sensor name for each letters typed or deleted.

Okay so like, if I added a new zwave sensor and renamed it?

Could be.
Usually you need to find the stale browser window and close it, which stops the crashing, but you need a restart of the HA host (not just HA) to free the ressources that was allocated and not freed correctly in the crashes.

Firefox seems to be prone to this, but since I have disabled the Tabs Unloading I think it has been occuring less.
https://techdows.com/2021/08/firefox-93-tab-unloading.html

Managed to capture something after a crash. Something sit out of memory I think.

No idea, if it is the same as people is seeing in the HA logviewer.