HA dead after upgrade to 9.3

Interesting, I’m also using the AdGuard add-on. Because the PI didn’t come back online, I changed the DNS servers in my router from the PI AdGuard to a public DNS server. Not sure if that had anything to do with the PI coming back online or not, but worthwhile to mention.

same problem here.
after not updating from 9.1 to 9.2, I now have problems updating from 9.2 to 9.3.
the first time it took a lot of try and error but finally had to do a complete new install.
tried turning of my pi-hole and use 8.8.8.8 as a dns, but that didn’t work.
it look like I get stuck at a time kernel sync problem.
hope somebody find a solution without a total fresh install.

if anything, these issues should be reported in the correct repo, not the /core repo, but /operating-system

On OS updates, always, always check the repo first, I cant stress that enough.

These OS updates can be very troublesome to downgrade when, like you experience now, the frontend wont come up, or basic hardware is no longer functioning or what ever else wont work without proper access to and knowledge about controls other than UI dashboards…
Terminal to the rescue, but you need to know what to do. SSH should always be installed just for that, just like Samba…
Also have a keyboard and monitor ready before you fire-up your device, to read the logs.

Ive had a completely bricked RPi4 in the past, and had to reinstall all, from scratch.

Diehards will state that’s easy with a recent backup. And, it relatively is. But better be safe than sorry.

see:

for the correct repo to join, although that is closed without further comment…?