HA dead after upgrade to 9.3

Hi,

I started the HA OS upgrade from 9.2 to 9.3 from the HA interface. After waiting for 30 mins for HA to come back online, I restarted the PI (PI 3b, HA 32 bit) with no luck. Restarted multiple times now, with all USB devices removed but still sign of life.

I can ping the HA device, but can’t start a ssh session.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

1 Like

Having exactly the same problem.
Get this message:
502 Bad Gateway

Hi! The same thing was updated, from the beginning ha lay down, went down manually restarted the computer. But now all my devices are gray and not accessible, restarting from the web panel is the same.

Some additional information.

The observer URL is responding (http://x.x.x.x:4357/)

Home Assistant observer

Supervisor: Connected
Supported: Supported
Healthy: Healthy

I disconnected all USB devices and network cable and powered it up again with HDMI monitor attached. Seems to boot up and load all the way.

Rebooted with only network cable and came back online.

Plugged in all the USB devices (DSMR, zwave, zigbee) and restarted HA from the settings > system page and it all seems to work again.

I’m go to leave it running for some time and then try to do a full restart of the host to check if that also works now.

I lost my bluetooth devices after this update. Will the OS revert if I restore from backup or am I just down for now?

Edit: 2 more hardware reboots fixed this but I am weary of it now seeing all the issues folks are having.

Can’t say as I had this problem. I did pick-up the HAOS upgrade but was watching the terminal of the VM I have it installed in. It ended up rebooting itself about 4 or 5 times before it came up properly. I can only assume that there was some sort of migrations happening that required reboots in between

1 Like

I restarted many times, and I applied a backup, but now all my devices have become gray, and not manageable. I used ha for almost a year, there were crashes, reinstalled. But what would be updated, and losing connection with devices is something new.

I have also massive issues after the update.
My RF Link is not working any more and also the Zigbee Stick isnt working.

Already tryed to reboot the rasp and for sure the HA several times

Any idea why this could happend?

And just now i recognized that the file explore is gone and not existing any more

Hm, i guess i’m gonna wait this one out. Last upgrade also showed me similar symptoms, becoming unreachable and taking 20-30 minutes or so to come back alive.

to downgrade the OS again, you could use

ha os update --version 9.2

in your console… this should install the HA OS 9.2 again

2 Likes

Here the same issue. Home assistant installation isn’t working anymore. After waiting for some time, the web interface didn’t respond anymore. Put the power of the Pi and back on. Now the Pi doesn’t start up anymore. It doesn’t see any network and it seams that it cannot load any USB drives. Problem is that I have the OS installed on a USB drive. After several errors it stop at the prompt, but any connected USB keyboard won’t work. I think because of the USB problem.

Fixed this issue. I made another USB drive with 9.2. Booted with that, that also didn’t work. But now booting with the original upgraded 9.3 USB drive works. Solved it for me.

Could you describe the procedure more in detail?
Which file you used and how?

Thanks a lot!

I managed to downgrade to 9.2 but the usb ports are not availble anymore.
My cc2531 Zigbee Stick and the RFlink device are not workong and also not visible under the System-> Hardware point.

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/zha/core/gateway.py:172
First occurred: 28. Oktober 2022 um 23:40:10 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 28. Oktober 2022 um 23:40:10

Error setting up entry TI CC2531 USB CDC, s/n: __0X00124B0018E1AA81 - Texas Instruments for zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py”, line 322, in open
self.fd = os.open(self.portstr, os.O_RDWR | os.O_NOCTTY | os.O_NONBLOCK)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Texas_Instruments_TI_CC2531_USB_CDC___0X00124B0018E1AA81-if00’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 365, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/init.py”, line 112, in async_setup_entry
await zha_gateway.async_initialize()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py”, line 185, in async_initialize
raise exc
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py”, line 172, in async_initialize
self.application_controller = await app_controller_cls.new(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py”, line 144, in new
await app.startup(auto_form=auto_form)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py”, line 124, in startup
await self.connect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy_znp/zigbee/application.py”, line 106, in connect
await znp.connect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy_znp/api.py”, line 700, in connect
self._uart = await uart.connect(self._config[conf.CONF_DEVICE], self)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy_znp/uart.py”, line 170, in connect
_, protocol = await zigpy.serial.create_serial_connection(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/serial.py”, line 37, in create_serial_connection
transport, protocol = await pyserial_asyncio.create_serial_connection(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/serial_asyncio/init.py”, line 448, in create_serial_connection
serial_instance = serial.serial_for_url(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/serial/init.py”, line 90, in serial_for_url
instance.open()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py”, line 325, in open
raise SerialException(msg.errno, “could not open port {}: {}”.format(self._port, msg))
serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Texas_Instruments_TI_CC2531_USB_CDC___0X00124B0018E1AA81-if00: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Texas_Instruments_TI_CC2531_USB_CDC___0X00124B0018E1AA81-if00’

Here the log to the RF Link Issue…

Logger: homeassistant.components.rflink
Source: components/rflink/init.py:277
Integration: RFLink (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 28. Oktober 2022 um 23:39:20 (2804 occurrences)
Last logged: 07:27:43

Error connecting to Rflink, reconnecting in 10
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py”, line 322, in open
self.fd = os.open(self.portstr, os.O_RDWR | os.O_NOCTTY | os.O_NONBLOCK)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB2.0-Serial-if00-port0’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/rflink/init.py”, line 277, in connect
transport, protocol = await connection
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/serial_asyncio/init.py”, line 448, in create_serial_connection
serial_instance = serial.serial_for_url(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/serial/init.py”, line 90, in serial_for_url
instance.open()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py”, line 325, in open
raise SerialException(msg.errno, “could not open port {}: {}”.format(self._port, msg))
serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB2.0-Serial-if00-port0: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB2.0-Serial-if00-port0’

Same for me … Few minutes after starting the update to 9.3 it tried to restart itself, but with ivalid command, I restarted the machine, and started the update again. This time everything run smoothly.
EDIT: Died after the second restart of the Virtual Machine … Reinstalled 9.2 and I’m not updating any more …

Has anyone reported this so it can be addressed?

Can’t update too, can’t restore a backup, can’t downgrade…I’m stuck.
Tried to delete the database but no effect.

It seems to be se same problem as here :

Home Assistant 2022.10.5
Supervisor 2022.10.0
Operating System 9.2
Interface utilisateur : 20221010.0 - latest

After upgrading from 9.2 to 9.3 I had all sorts of problems (Home Assistant Cloud not connecting, Tuya devices out, error on Home Assistant 2 factor login, etc.).

I found the OS date delayed in 4 months aprox., And no matter what I do I couldn’t manually change the dade (something was changing back the date after I manually change it).

I also found an error when ping external sites (like ping google.com).

As I use AdGuard as DNS server, I decided to change Home Assistant DNS to 8.8.8.8 and after a reboot everything came back to normal.

I’m not really sure what was causing the problem or why what I did solved the problem.
I just would like to share with you my troubleshooting path so it can help someone else.

1 Like