HA-Export Calendar installation problem

Hello all,
I am desperately trying to install / make this addon work: GitHub - JosephAbbey/ha_calendar_export

I have 2 problems:

• During this phase: 7.In the HA UI go to “Configuration” → “Integrations” click “+” and search for “Integration blueprint”

HA informs me that this device cannot be added from the UI and that I must go through the configuration YAML.

ok… but, isn’t that what I already do this:
“Just add this at top level:
calendar_export:”

Beginner, I opened the configuration YAML and added the line as is.
My YAML:

Loads default set of integrations. Do not remove.

default_config:
calendar_export: ‘calendar.test’ <----

Load frontend themes from the themes folder

frontend:
themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes

automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

My second problem concerns the address to use to get the *.ics file:

https:///api/calendars/{entity_id}/export.ics
: is this the IP address of HA?
{entity_id}: the identity ID that I will find in parameter… in my case calendar.test?

My questions may seem strange to you, but you get it, I’m a beginner :slight_smile:

Since you are new to YAML you might want to put it somewhere that isn’t labelled as the place for the “default set of integrations”. I would suggest adding a new comment for custom integrations to keep everything organized:

# Loads default set of integrations. Do not remove.

default_config:

# Load frontend themes from the themes folder

frontend:
  themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes

automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

# Load custom integrations added by user

calendar_export:

That should be done automatically if you did the above section correctly and restart HA. When you go to the Integrations page, you should see Calendar Export in the list…

There is shouldn’t be anything further to do once you see the integration in the list, it is running and your calendars should be exportable.

You need to add your domain address and the entity ID like:

https://192.168.0.10:8123/api/calendars/calendar.test/export.ics

Indeed, good advice, I risk getting lost afterwards

Concerning integration, I have “Calendar Export” in the section. As shown in your capture. So a priori, it’s good, nothing more to do in terms of configuration?

I will start the procedure again taking into account your remarks.

Thanks for the help

Ok! I manage to recover the exported *.ics file (I admit I don’t really know why it worked after the reinstallation) but I have another problem, the recovered *ics file does not have a UID/event and I end up with the last event of each export without the rest since they are all recognized as duplicates… does anyone have a solution to counter the problem?