HA iOS App stuck on iniztializing

Hi there,

My first post here as I’m out of ideas how to solve this. I have HA running on a NUC (all latest versions). I have the app installed on my iPhone. All works fine, so I can connect and login to HA both via the App on my phone as via my local PC at home. On both devices either direct on my local network or via the internet using cloudflare. No issues at all.

My problem is: When installing the app on my wife’s iPhone (we both run the same latest iOS 16.0.3), after entering the url (to go via cloudflare) - the exact same url as I use on own iPhone - it does not get past the initializing screen.

Obviously I have the ‘default_config:’ in my configurtation.yaml as the App on my own iPhone is working perfect (location tracking, notifications, …)

Is there any obvious thing I’m missing here? Do you need to do anything special to get 2 iPhones connected I’m not aware of? Especially the fact that everything is working perfect on my iPhone and doing the exact same thing on another iPhone puzzles me.

Any help / sugestions would be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Are you using Cloudflare as a reverse proxy, or their authentication layer for the app? The app does not support using the latter, see:

Have the same issue. No idea how to solve this

I am using cloudflare, but just as a normal proxy. On my iPhone all works perfect. Recently I have installed the app on my daughters iPhone, also works fine. Just the installation on my wife’s iPhone Xr gets stuck in initializing. There seems to be little info on the fora what could rot cause this. Keep on updating to latest iOs version, but no changes. My last resort is to try to get back to factory settings and re-install iPhone from backup. Quite drastic and I’m afraid it won’t help. Still finding the courage and time to do this…

Found solution! The app is closely tied to Safari and I had cookies allowed turned off. After cleaning up browser history and enabling cookies I reinstalled the app and all works fine now.

That’s it! Thanks DvdE, cookies allowed was turned off, that was blocking the init progress.