HA is started, but nothing happens and no log

Hi all,
today I updated to 0.53 and now I have a strange problem:

HA is started, if I type sudo systemctl status home-assistant@homeassistant, I get:

Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/[email protected]; enabled)
       Active: active (running) since sab 2017-09-09 19:43:09 CEST; 25min ago
     Main PID: 214 (hass)
       CGroup: /system.slice/system-home\x2dassistant.slice/[email protected]
               └─214 /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/bin/python3 /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/bin/hass -c /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant

set 09 19:43:09 HA_chip systemd[1]: Started Home Assistant.
    set 09 19:44:43 HA_chip hass[214]: INFO:homeassistant.config:Upgrading configuration directory from  to 0.53.0
    set 09 19:44:43 HA_chip hass[214]: Config directory: /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant 

But HA does not work and no log file is created.
Any ideas?

HA is still stuck on:
set 09 19:44:43 HA_chip hass[214]: Config directory: /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant
since yesterday. Maybe I could try to launch the update again… I have no idea

Did you try to restart HA?

The few times that this has happened to me it has been because I’ve referenced a file that doesn’t exist in an !include somewhere.

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, but it did not solve, HA is still stuck.

My configuration was working fine before the update, so there shouldn’t be any file missing.

I’ve noticed that I got the message INFO:homeassistant.config:Upgrading configuration directory from to 0.53.0, where the number of the previous version is missing. I don’t know if this might be an useful clue…

There are usually breaking changes with each update. Read the breaking changes for the current version and any previous updates that you might have missed. Those breaking changes often mean making changes to your current configuration.