HA LG WebOS integration stops working

Hi all,

I’m fairly new to HA and I’m trying to use the WebOS integration in HA. Initialy all works fine, but after a couple of minutes the connection with the Tv is lost and the integration only works after a HA reboot. Thanks in advance!

My LG WebOS integration:

webostv:
host: 192.168.X.XXX
name: LG TV
customize:
sources:
- youtube
- netflix
- Amazon Prime Video
- videoland

Edit:
It’s connected via ethernet

How is your TV connected to your network, via LAN or WiFi?

Hi Robert, thanks for the reply. It’s connected via ethernet/LAN

Okay, so not a wireless issue.

Try this to see if it’s dropping off the network or its the Integration:

When the integration goes offline, open up terminal on your compute and ping the IP address of the TV to see if it’s still “visible” on the network.

I use this integration too (Over a WiFi connection) without issue.

I’ve set up a LAN and WIFI ping sensor in HA for the TV. Both lose connection when TV is turned off.

I figured as much.

So the integration page has this bit of info which might help:

Common for webOS 3.0 and higher would be to use WakeOnLan feature. To use this feature your TV should be connected to your network via Ethernet rather than Wireless and you should enable LG Connect Apps feature in Network settings of the TV instructions (or Mobile App in General settings for older models) (*may vary by version).

On newer models (2017+), WakeOnLan may need to be enabled in the TV settings by going to Settings > General > Mobile TV On > Turn On Via WiFi instructions.

Perhaps give that a go and see if it fixes the issue?

I think there us a power management setting also.
Deep sleep kills network.

I checked all settings on the TV but al seems to be working. I’ve tried it with de LG WebOS Mobile App. This works like the HA integration, but when the TV is off overnight the connection won’t turn back on. The LAN Ping however is fine when te TV comes back on. The WIFI Ping stops working until i reconnect it via the TV menu.

I’ve also tried toggle the quick start + mode on the TV, but with no luck so far

I’ve the same problem, it seems to have started occurring after a WEBOS update a few months back. I’ve not bothered to try to fix it till today.

If you’ve been able to resolve your problem since, can you kindly share. Thanks!

Update from me, turns out one of the ethernet ports on my network switch was faulty. Plugged my lg TV into another port and my issue has gone away.