HA NeoPool MQTT: integration of Tasmota NeoPool (for Sugar Valley, Hayward/Aquarite, Bayrol devices)

hey all, finally deployed the system and it’s awesome. Having issue with NTP. the dongle keep changing my system time bringing it one hour behind. I believe this is linked to timezone or solar timing ? can i fix it ? other question is , do we have access to system menu parameter or timer based parameter ?thank you

EDIT: solved by setting solar time and timezone by console for italy the following commands :

cmnd/NeoPool/TimeSTD 0, 0, 10, 1, 3, 60
cmnd/NeoPool/TimeDST 0, 0, 3, 1, 2, 120
cmnd/NeoPool/Timezone 99

I need to ask another question related to external sensor, i would like to import a 4-20ma pressur sensor on the filter to trigger a notification to backwash. Do you know the wiring scheme ?

do you think this is correct for a 12-24v 4-20ma 2 wire sensor?

You can’t import just any sensor signals, each connector has a specific function. This system does not have a connector for a pressure sensor.

i can do it via the HA , i’m reading the 4-20ma input and i build the expression following the sensor spec ?

don’t you think this is feasible?

Otherwise can I use GPIO left over in the Atom Lite? it can be either a 0-5v sensor or a 4-20ma

Sure, you are measuring the current loop here, but

• it is not calibrated
  • there are systems where this input is intended for a potentiostatic chlorine probe, so there is no guarantee that a pressure probe at this input will generate any unwanted control in your system.

This is the better approach for your requirement, GPIO33 for example is a free ADC input on your Atom Lite.

Can you guide me a bit? If I understand well I can feed a 0-3.3v voltage to gpio33 and then transform the readout at HA from MQTT.

So I must use a 0-5v sensor 3 wires, from where I can take the voltage to supply the sensor ?

Right, but assuming your sensor works with an operating voltage of 5V and also supplies 0-5V at the signal output, you will need an additional voltage divider (you can calculate this here), because ESP32 analogue inputs can only tolerate 0-3.3V.

Connect the sensor like this:

then go to Tasmota go to ‘Configuration’ → ‘Configure Module’ and set GPIO33 to ‘ADC Input’, you will now find the value in the MQTT “SENSOR” topic under “ANALOG.A1” and on the WebUI. If you need help with the HA YAML configuration, let me know.

The Atom Lite (see " Peripherals Pin Map") has 5V and GND available on the 4-pin connector. On the 5-pin you will find GPIO33

1 Like