HA not putting honeywell t6 into auto for heat cool

Ive got two of these thermostats. Ive got the high and low temps set in HA and the mode is heat/cool. However when HA is controlling it only does heat. When the temp rises above the high temp i set, its not switching to cool.

Is it HA or is it the thermostats? I can manually change the thermostats to auto, and on the screen it says auto change on.

Anyone have these thermostats and have advice?

What do you mean “when ha is controlling it”? All HA does is set the modes and temperature set points, it does not make the thermostat turn on/off each element.

Did you build an automation to change setpoints?

The T6 is controlling the HVAC. If you put it in the desired modes using the T6 panel does it work? If it doesn’t it’s likely wired up incorrectly.

IIRC when I set my T6 up, I had to put it in a specific zwave mode to make it follow it’s own schedule. I also had to set a bunch of other things too. All covered in the manual.

I use the T6 and haven’t had to do anything other than a couple scripts to keep the temps from reporting erroneous values every once in a very long while. It was pretty much plug and play otherwise. I love it over the Nest it replaced.

2 Likes

Yes, cool works from the panel. Hence “However when HA is controlling it only does heat”.

Selecting Auto from the oanel also works. Its HA not switching it as needed.

From HA i can manually turn it to cool but it doesnt do it automatically, even with a high temp set.

From the panel this works.

Ill post a screen shot of my automation. Maybe im missing something there.

There was an emtity i had to add for the auto setting. Once added my automations had anither option for the mode, auto. Hopefully this works…