HA not recognizing Tuya Light sensor

Yesterday I received a wifi Tuya light sensor. Perfectly working with SmartLife app, receiveing lux amount correctly. The Tuya IoT platform has registered it to.
Unfortunately, and different to other 7 Tuya light & led controllers that I have, the Tuya new october21 integration doesn’t find the light sensor.
Can anybody help with it?
Thanks in advance.

You might try the 2021.11 beta. The Tuya integration is much improved.

can normal Tuya and the beta be installed at the same time?

Hi @DUM were you able to get the tuya light sensor integrated with HA? I’m looking for a solution to measure incoming light intensity on a pair of western facing windows to trigger my roller blinds bridge.

Hi @graybeard , yes I didn’t do anything special. It appeared in the tuya management app, and then integrated in my HA.

@DUM is the Tuya management app running on HA or on a different device??
Can I assume that the Tuya app runs on my phone to get the device to connect to my wifi network yes?

@graybeard Hi, the management system (Tuya IoT platform), you access it through its web.
I’d recommend (all learned with youtube videos and the recommendations in this forum):

1. first link any tuya/smartlife gadgets with the phone app.
  2. Then check with the Tuya Management system through its web that all of them are set to be linked to HA.
  3. Finally, with the Tuya integration in HA you should be able to control the devices, no matter the brand, if tuya/smartlife controlled.

Christian, thank you for the instructions. I just ordered the Tuya device on AliExpress and should have it in a few weeks so I’ll update everyone as to how this works for me.

I received the Tuya light sensor and after following the setup it is now connected to my HA installtion. I’m using the lx threshold of 25000 to monitor my western facing living room windows and have a trigger set up to lower my roller blinds when 25,000 lx is reached for a duration of over 20 minutes.

alias: Roller Blinds Close May thru August After 3
description: ''
trigger:
  - type: illuminance
    platform: device
    device_id: 80d2fdec811742dd7d760ae9377c28ae
    entity_id: sensor.illumination_sensor_luminosity
    domain: sensor
    above: 20000
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 20
      seconds: 0
    enabled: true
condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: '{{ now().month <= 10 or now().month >= 4 }}'
    enabled: true
  - condition: template
    value_template: '{{ states(''sensor.openweathermap_cloud_coverage'') | int <= 30 }}'
    enabled: false
  - condition: time
    before: '18:00:00'
    after: '15:00:00'
  - type: is_illuminance
    condition: device
    device_id: 80d2fdec811742dd7d760ae9377c28ae
    entity_id: sensor.illumination_sensor_luminosity
    domain: sensor
    above: 21000
    enabled: false
action:
  - service: cover.set_cover_position
    target:
      entity_id:
        - cover.rollerblind_0001
        - cover.rollerblind_0002
      device_id:
        - 6d43b0b4740241f678647c5e625afeef
        - 90fe017691cb52087df1f0643ee78208
    data:
      position: 0
  - service: climate.set_fan_mode
    target:
      device_id: 0a610274af603e22634b6d42150ac6f1
    data:
      fan_mode: 'on'
mode: single

ive been having the same issue? are you saying it just automatically showed up ion HA after a while? how long did it take roughly?

inmediatelly