HA not running script when called for via Alexa

Somehow my HA scripts are not run, when activated from Alexa.
I have connected HA to my Alexa using the Alexa smart home skill method and it works. I can see my HA devices in the Alexa app. Also I see my HA scripts under “Scenes” in the app.

I have created a routine and connected that to one of my HA scripts. When I run the routine, I can see in the HA logbook “Amazon Alexa sent command Alexa.SceneController/Activate for Stream 3FM”
So something is happening.
The script should start steaming of a radio station to my Apple Airport Express via Airplay. The script works, because when I run it from the HA gui, it works.

What have I missed here?
Thanks!
Robert-Jan

1 Like

same problem

I did solve it in the end.
In order to reduce the number of devices exposed from HA to Alexa, I had created several filters. Accidentally I also excluded the script domain.
So I added

include_domains:
  - script

to the

alexa:
  smart_home:
  filter:

part in my configuration.yaml

I have the same problem. Alexa commands show up in the logbook but they don’t actually execute. Automations do work when I trigger manually from inside Home Assistant. I didn’t create any filters, but I’ve only exposed 6 automation scenes to Alexa so far. The documentation indicates that without domain filters and with device allows it should be good. What am I missing?

Same here. But I have blank dummy scripts and Node-RED intercepts them with an events all node filtered on call_service and does what I want it to.

scripts.yaml

kodi_vt65_restart:
  sequence:

When called with a button in the HA GUI the payload.event.service_data.entity_id has an single element array as the value: script.kodi_vt65_restart
But when called with Alexa the payload.event.service_data.entity_id has string as the value: script.kodi_vt65_restart

My code only looks for an array. I have to change it to look for just text too.