HA not working after container update

I run HA on a RasPi version Linux HomeAssistant 6.1.21-v8+.
Checking the docker images I found the HA image quite old and decided to pull a new container. Starting the container by

sudo docker run -d 5c9a3e184c4c

resulted in

CONTAINER ID   IMAGE          COMMAND   CREATED          STATUS          PORTS     NAMES
ccb7f087db6b   5c9a3e184c4c   "/init"   10 hours ago   Up 10 hours             goofy_pascal

So, HA seems to run, but I cannot connect through port 8123. The “/init” in Command worries me.

What does the log say ?

Why are you using a hash as an image name?
What version of ha is this?

If that’s your docker run you have no bridged ports

1 Like

The lastlog ends with a Hang Up, 2 days after the start of the docker image, and with nothing in between. Last 2 lines of lastlog:

Sep 16 08:53:45 HomeAssistant kernel: [28970.768426] docker0: port 1(vethb8986df) entered forwarding state

Sep 18 00:10:38 HomeAssistant rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="8.2102.0" x-pid="411" x-info="https://www.rsyslog.com"] rsyslogd was HUPed

Two versions of HA in “docker images”

Please explain, Docker is a new subject to me. The original installation of HA (1 year ago) went flawlessly, so the ports must have been bridged correctly. I probably shouldn’t have pulled a new image for updating HA (a better route was and still is unknown to me), and the procedure of pulling a new version seemed logical to me. It seems from your reply that the ports need to be re-bridged? If so, please add some instructions for getting me started. Thanks in advance.

This page explain it well