HA OS won't update...stuck at 11.5

I’m here to resolve a problem with home assistant, not to engage with other users. Sometimes there simply isn’t an update. Especially when someone is repeating something that another user has already said. I cannot reply to every individual post, and this shouldn’t be a big deal for you.

I’m not in a position where I can do that right now. Please be patient.

This forum is not a helpdesk

And thus you can just pass my threads\comment by, and not interact with me.

If you don’t want to be part of the solution then please don’t be part of the problem.

I suggest you try the solution you have been provided, and drop your bad attitude. A community forum is built on engaging with other users, not to resolve your problems. You hereby have the honor of being the first user I’m adding to my ignore list.

Thanks. I spend a lot of time on this forum to help complete strangers, but next time I see a question of you I will just ignore it.

1 Like
 A community forum is built on engaging with other users, not to resolve your problems. You hereby have the honor of being the first user I’m adding to my ignore list.

You’re angry because I didn’t like and share you’re post?

This isn’t facebook.

I tried everything other than scrubbing my system and starting from a backup.

Which you can’t honestly expect me to try so soon.

What error is returned from the user interface?

It seems that the update system fails to apply the update. There are several possible causes, what I’ve seen most often from reports is a corruption in the boot partition or some of the other partitions relevant for the boot. Most often, taking a full backup and reinstalling is the simplest way out.

If you want to continue diagnose the problem, you’d have to check the Supervisor logs (using ha supervisor logs). Also, it might be helpful to show the RAUC logs (using ha host logs --identifier rauc).

hot thread here ehehehe

Btw solved the problem. I have installed HASSOS on BIOS pc following advise listed this thread (at reply #30).
The system booted fine but OS updates does not completed correctly because the system continued to boot previous version.
Here the explanation from trevormcclellan at reply #65:

The reason HA does not boot to the latest version after an update is because the OS writes to the /efi/boot/grubenv file to update the environment, but the default location for load_env and save_env (used in the grub.cfg file) is /boot/grub/grubenv . Setting default to 1 in grub.cfg will work, however, it bypasses HA’s failover method. (HA always has two versions installed at a time, one in SLOT A and one in SLOT B. If one version fails to boot after 3 tries, it will attempt to boot the other version).

Solved using complete guide by trevormcclellan at reply #71

1 Like