HA OS won't update...stuck at 11.5

Hi there!
i’m running Hassio 11.5 on PC x64 installed using generic x86_x64 method.
On the GUI i done some Core and Supervisor Update with success but i have never succeded to update “Home Assistant Operating System”…i’m still at 11.5 release and i tried to update to every update released till today without success.

The update process from the GUI does not return any error but at the reboot i’m always at 11.5.
Just tried to update by the CLI with ha os update --log-level debug command and the update process seems to had success but at the reboot i’m always at 11.5.

What happens??

CLI log:

➜  ~ ha os update --log-level debug
DEBU[0000] Adding homedir to searchpath                  homedir=/root
INFO[0000] No configfile found
DEBU[0000] Debug flags                                   apiToken=570157be3db551f2d916acff3928bc97fed722df2f182e1451503df161a58349640861d142050879abc9395c9ae45cecb576b3de28ff3b8c cfgFile= endpoint=supervisor logLevel=debug noProgress=false rawJSON=false
DEBU[0000] os update                                     args="[]"
DEBU[0000] [GenerateURI]                                 base=supervisor command=update section=os
⣾ Processing... DEBU[0000] [GenerateURI] Result                          uri="http://supervisor/os/update" url="http://supervisor/os/update" url(string)="http://supervisor/os/update"
⣷ Processing... DEBU[0086] Response                                      body="{\"result\":\"ok\",\"data\":{}}" fields.time=1m26.236111112s headers="map[Content-Length:[25] Content-Type:[application/json; charset=utf-8] Date:[Thu, 14 Mar 2024 17:32:20 GMT] Server:[Python/3.12 aiohttp/3.9.3]]" received-at="2024-03-14 18:32:20.019326024 +0100 CET m=+86.237683942" request="&{POST http://supervisor/os/update HTTP/1.1 1 1 map[Accept:[application/json] Authorization:[Bearer 570157be3db551f2d916acff3928bc97fed722df2f182e1451503df161a58349640861d142050879abc9395c9ae45cecb576b3de28ff3b8c] User-Agent:[go-resty/2.10.0 (https://github.com/go-resty/resty)]] <nil> 0x6e9ac0 0 [] false supervisor map[] map[] <nil> map[]   <nil> <nil> <nil> 0xc0000d8040}" status="200 OK" statuscode=200
Processing... Done.

Command completed successfully.
➜  ~

I’m having a similar problem, but I’m stuck at 11.1, I can’t even get to 11.5.

Same issue as you, no error messages, no logs.

Check your disk space.

200gb free.

I’ve found a new log file that’s not shown in the Gui

I installed the Samba client and browsed to this directory in Windows.

\\homeassistant.local\config

I found this log file: home-assistant.log.1

Apparently HA resets the supervisor log every time you reboot, so the error messages from an update sometime don’t show up in the regular log, and you need to go to this log file instead

I have these three error messages which are not visible using the GUI to browse the log files

2024-03-15 16:24:13.773 WARNING (SyncWorker_4) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration zha_toolkit which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

2024-03-15 16:24:13.777 WARNING (SyncWorker_4) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

2024-03-15 16:24:13.781 WARNING (SyncWorker_4) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration google_home which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

It looks like I’m using a custom integration that’s preventing the upgrade.

Maybe you have a similar problem.

These three are not “error messages”, they are as they also state warnings. Every custom integration will generate these.

if you are really stuck on 11.1, take a backup, copy it of your machine, and reflash your SSD/HDD with 12.1

These three are not “error messages”, they are as they also state warnings. Every custom integration will generate these.

The way that they say WARNING in all caps was probably my first clue.

I have these messages, and other posts have said that they haven’t been able to update because of these integrations. So I thought that you might want to know.

Sure. Point is that you will always get these warnings with custom integrations.

Other users have said to look for these messages, as in their case having a custom integration prevented them from upgrading.

Link

The messages tell you the names of the custom integrations as not everyone is aware of what may or may not count, or they may simply have forgotten what was custom and what wasn’t.

I’m not arguing that, I’m simply saying that you will always get these warnings, and they are usually not related to not being able to upgrade.

1. The “other users” logs differs significant from yours , but you could ofcause just try to disable these integrations ( which is also kind of what these “Warnings” says, And it is as Mentioned Warnings !, if you don’t have any Errors which could lead to these Integrations, i suggest you just ignore these Warnings, otherwise you’ll just get headache every time you look at your startup/restart log.
  2. there is one significant hint in your( sorry, frankiep’s ) “debug log” …

So you could try to run the same “debug command” again, as you should get another result (Error !, doo to the fact it just reported “OK, Command completed successfully.”

So my first thought is , Log Out Of HA , flush everything in your browser cache(cookies included, or check from another device, you usually dont connect to HA from )

I’m not getting that message. Only the warning ones.

Right you are not getting that message, because you probably didn’t run this debug, command, in the HA CLI ( the console of your HA-Device ).
Beside you looked in (talking about) the CORE-Logfile ( And not the Supervisor-log), Nor The OS-logfile

Check your “HOST” log

I’m not getting anything that looks like an error, or even a warning, other than what I’ve already mentioned. Which is why I’m coming here to look for other people with similar problems.

Your problem is, You are not coming here to “look” for other people with similar problems, you come here to SPAM the community, by creating:

1. 51 Topics in less than 5 month

2. 0 zero NONE You marked with a Solution !

3. every Topic made, you seems to just abandon

4. With your read-time VS Topics & Post created, it seems like you haven’t found the Search-Box either

5. Compared to the Topics/Post Created and +1.6K “read ?” (doubtful), however you didn’t find any help or responds you “liked”

6. You are wasting peoples time, People who try to help you

7. You clearly totally failed to understand what this Forum is about, and missed to READ, the Community Rules/Advices

8. Now. 23 = 20 Topics created, January 16 Topics created, Please Do the Match

If 100.000 members should create i.e 20 Topics A Day ! , it would be 2 million 2.000.000 Topics. ( In 1 Day ! )
51 Topics in Less than 5 month, would be +5 Millions Topics ! … Abandoned and Not Marked with a Solution

1 Like

Found his ‘won’t update’ in several topics this morning. I posted a solution that would take 20 minutes to implement 6 hours ago :frowning:

2 Likes

Since you seem to be here only to grief other people’s posts, I’m simply going to request that you do not attempt to interact with me in any way that does does not involve trying to sincerely resolve the problems that I’m having.

This is a forum for providing technical support, not for ranting at strangers.

Have you tried what @francisp suggested?